Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dillon Order Delays

5 posters

Go down

Dillon Order Delays Empty Dillon Order Delays

Post by dsandula 7/6/2022, 2:58 pm

I knew they were struggling with carbide die orders.  Now their computer systems had "a catastrophic failure on June 12th."  No real time lines given for orders other than it "may take several weeks."

I'd advise ordering any Dillon items from locations other than Dillon if possible for the item needed.

dsandula

Back to top Go down

Dillon Order Delays Empty Re: Dillon Order Delays

Post by Asa Yam 7/6/2022, 6:41 pm

dsandula wrote:I'd advise ordering any Dillon items from locations other than Dillon if possible for the item needed.
HA!

Another perspective.  Have previously run into similar situations, it is usually cheaper (and easier) to buy something from Dillon than from one of their dealers.  Case in point:  ever try buying a Dillon-made 6.5 Creedmoor trim die last year?  Finally bought one from the Dillon store (Scottsdale, AZ) in February because they were not available before then (supplier issue).  If available for purchase from a dealer, the die was more expensive (price+ shipping).

NOTE:  The above does not apply to non-Dillon accessories.  Dillon approves of using some items (such as roller bearings for moving parts, including shellplates), others (such as on-press primer swagers) will void your warranty (press-mounted swagers apparently overstress and break the 550 and 650 press frames they are used on.)  Not much choice on these items - they have to be purchased from a dealer, because Dillon does not stock them.

Dillon carbide dies are pretty good - wish I had a 9 mm set, as the Hornady dies I have seem to require more effort for the same results.  (Remember, my pistol shooting is self-described as "abysmal".)  Hmmm, maybe a present to myself this coming winter season?

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 7/7/2022, 8:58 am

I have a Dillon RL550 that they say needs to be sent back for repair. They say it will take a few weeks before they will send me a return authorization. At least Dillon is upfront with their problems.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 7/7/2022, 10:39 am

Yeah, I just ordered a few things that I am in no hurry for.  Is what it is.  Ain't technology great?
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 7/7/2022, 3:47 pm

Hello,

I just received a .45 ACP carbide sizing die that I ordered.  It took 13 months and four e-mails to get here.  I love Dillon products (great dies) but I was not too pleased.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down