Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power

+2
zanemoseley
Sa-tevp
6 posters

Go down

It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power Empty It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power

Post by Sa-tevp Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:26 pm

I have been enjoying Konrad Powers's Youtube channel. I think he makes a lot of good points based on his experience, testing and competition classification. Makes you appreciate being able to shoot pistol wearing shorts and other light gear.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG4ls72bUY9a7Tj6xS_l-UQ/videos

I think he has the chops to criticize electronic targets:

https://youtu.be/a-Wh-l0VSb8

Calling shots:

https://youtu.be/ZtNIHRiJJB4
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power Empty Re: It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power

Post by zanemoseley Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:43 pm

I really enjoyed the challenge of 3P smallbore and got decent at it but sweating your balls off in the summer and my leg going to sleep like crazy in kneeling got me into bullseye. Positional rifle is a bit masochistic.

zanemoseley

Sa-tevp likes this post

Back to top Go down

It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power Empty Re: It is fun and interesting to look over the fence at Service Rifle/High Power

Post by Sa-tevp Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:58 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I really enjoyed the challenge of 3P smallbore and got decent at it but sweating your balls off in the summer and my leg going to sleep like crazy in kneeling got me into bullseye. Positional rifle is a bit masochistic.

Local range members think (probably correctly) that I am effing nuts shooting rifle offhand but what most people think is good, I know most young ladies on high school shooting teams would think is a bad day.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:43 am

Sa-tevp wrote:
I think he has the chops to criticize electronic targets:

The Shotmarker system is popular in my area. It will miss shots occasionally, but most of the problems come from the increased demand for precision in constructing and re-facing targets.

Konrad's shooting prowess aside, the way to shoot a match scored on e-targets is to shoot for e-target score and not get wrapped around the axle about the delta between the screen and paper.

ETA; The construction, setup, calibration of e-targets is the time to get as wrapped around the axle as you can get.

Last edited by Merick on Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pm

That works, to some extent, if you get sighters. A leg match, not so fun.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy_D Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:02 am

I Shoot High Power rifle and our club (Tucson Rifle Club, TRC) switched to electronic targets (Shotmarker) and they really speed things up.  Yes occasionally it will miss a shot but as we become more familiar with the equipment it get less frequent.  I do miss the camaraderie in the pits but this is progress, everyone gets the same pit service and set up and tear down are fast since as I said we are becoming more familiar with the system.  If we start at 7:00am we are done across the course (200,300, 600) by 9:30 which here in Tucson in the middle of summer is a plus.  While the cost of the unit is not inexpensive ($850 a unit) it is not unreasonable either, we save on targets, spotter disk and spindles, pasters so in the long run it will be about the same I think.

Keep an open mind on it and try it if you get a chance......plus we look really cool in the heavy coats, sweat shirts and gloves in the summer heat :-)

Randy

Randy_D

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:41 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:I really enjoyed the challenge of 3P smallbore and got decent at it but sweating your balls off in the summer and my leg going to sleep like crazy in kneeling got me into bullseye. Positional rifle is a bit masochistic.

Local range members think (probably correctly) that I am effing nuts shooting rifle offhand but what most people think is good, I know most young ladies on high school shooting teams would think is a bad day.
If your leg/foot/hand went to sleep, your position needed work Just saying. Well that was what my coach said anyway.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down