Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optics help for High Standard Victor

4 posters

Go down

Optics help for High Standard Victor Empty Optics help for High Standard Victor

Post by PaulK51 7/15/2022, 6:05 pm

I am waiting for the arrival of my newly purchased HS Victor. It is an SH type with the screw for barrel locking. I would like to find a rail that uses the standard rib drill holes and mounts on the rib but still allows the use of the factory iron sights when no optics are attached. I have this set up on my S&W 41 and really like it since I shoot both NRA and ISSF and switch sights often. Any Ideas or solutions? Also, any thoughts on cleaning with respect to barrel removal. I have had one person tell me that it is not good to remove and remount the barrel frequently. Thanks, Paul

PaulK51

Back to top Go down

Optics help for High Standard Victor Empty Re: Optics help for High Standard Victor

Post by John Dervis 7/15/2022, 9:28 pm

The Victor rib contains both the front and rear sight so when you replace that the sights are gone so you can’t use them simply by removing the scope.  You might try High Standard Houston to see if they might make a rib with both iron sights and scope rib to replace the original rib.  That would be your best chance of getting what you are looking for.  I did see a victor for sale on GB where someone mounted a piece of scope base directly to the OEM rib so you could try that. 
  The barrel removal wear is more prevalent with the plunger style takedown system. The screw type is a later design that was implemented to save cost but I don’t think it wears down like the plunger did.  Cleaning is pretty easy on the upper end.  I don’t take the frame pieces apart beyond taking the grips off and the slide release which usually drops out without the grips.  
Good luck with your new gun.
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Optics help for High Standard Victor Empty Re: Optics help for High Standard Victor

Post by RodJ 7/16/2022, 12:05 pm

I want to say that I have a rail from High Standard TX that replaces the vent rib but keeps the sights on the pistol. Worked okay but I just want to shoot irons as best I can despite being almost 60. Happy to drop it in the mail for you to try out.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 7/16/2022, 2:18 pm

I use the Marvel rail on my Victors. Unfortunately, he retired a few years ago. When I shoot irons, I just remove one and install the other. A few rounds to verify zero and I am good to go. Normally keep one set up in each configuration.
Optics help for High Standard Victor 16579910
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulK51 7/17/2022, 1:23 pm

RodJ wrote:I want to say that I have a rail from High Standard TX that replaces the vent rib but keeps the sights on the pistol. Worked okay but I just want to shoot irons as best I can despite being almost 60. Happy to drop it in the mail for you to try out.
On my Victor, the iron sights are part of the vent rib. I'm confused?

PaulK51

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulK51 7/17/2022, 1:27 pm

NukeMMC wrote:I use the Marvel rail on my Victors.  Unfortunately, he retired a few years ago.  When I shoot irons, I just remove one and install the other.  A few rounds to verify zero and I am good to go.  Normally keep one set up in each configuration.
Optics help for High Standard Victor 16579910
That's my last alternative. I think I'm going to try to adapt the RRA Bullseye rail which has the weaver style rail with a set of Iron sights at the ends.

PaulK51

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 7/17/2022, 5:01 pm

PaulK51 wrote:
RodJ wrote:I want to say that I have a rail from High Standard TX that replaces the vent rib but keeps the sights on the pistol. Worked okay but I just want to shoot irons as best I can despite being almost 60. Happy to drop it in the mail for you to try out.
On my Victor, the iron sights are part of the vent rib. I'm confused?

No, you’re not confused— I’m confused.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down