Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility

5 posters

Go down

Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility Empty Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility

Post by RoyDean August 1st 2022, 1:13 pm

Recent thread on the best range cart was, I believe, more oriented to hauling stuff from vehicle to the line at any range. Perry (and now Atterbury) have more unique challenges.

The ultimate big capacity cart seems to be those folding Aluminum boat dock carts made by Tipke. I had one of those and it worked well when driving around in a large SUV, but now my transport situation has changed, it was just a bit too big, so I sold it on to another shooter - he used it at Perry and seemed very happy. I then bought one of the popular "Ozark" folding carts (as favored by Jim Chapman) and it worked OK this year, but at Perry it is definitely quite hard to pull those small wheeled carts across the grass paddock to the line.

The Fleming cart looks favourite (but currently not being produced) because it has big wheels and also doubles as a seat. The white handle / blue box dock carts with big wheels look OK, but the box is said to be on the small side. I have seen several folks towing both of those styles behind bicycles at Perry.

The golf trolley or stroller styles do not appeal.

I searched a bit deeper and came across these for $163 from Amazon. Intended to be towed behind a bicycle, but also with handles. Only negative is that it does not appear to fold down like the Tipke carts - that needs further thought.

I have not ridden a bicycle since I was a young kid - but they do say you never forget!  Perry is not a problem either towing or just walking. Might be too much of a challenge to ride across the Atterbury Camp all the way from the RV Park and along that gravel road to the range!
Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility Perry_10

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility Empty Re: Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility

Post by straybrit August 1st 2022, 4:18 pm

Saw at least 3 of these this year at Perry - with associated bikes. I would have thought you'd need a very different handle set up if you're walking with them.
Clearly you're going to need one of those folding electric bikes  Smile

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility Empty Re: Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility

Post by RoyDean August 1st 2022, 4:33 pm

They come with two handle options. But, I agree with Straybrit, it might need a bit of customisation to make them comfortable to walk with.
Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility Perry_11
I could certainly do with the exercise of cycling, so I will probably not take the electric option. More concerned about having an issue on gravel roads and hurting myself!

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman August 1st 2022, 6:10 pm

RoyDean wrote:They come with two handle options. But, I agree with Straybrit, it might need a bit of customisation to make them comfortable to walk with.
Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility Perry_11
I could certainly do with the exercise of cycling, so I will probably not take the electric option. More concerned about having an issue on gravel roads and hurting myself!

Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility +TzxOoiOixkvzOcVgw3qIzrwBksIUkWdjOKk3QrqeeOSGYVqhHxplgBDZ4AA=
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean August 1st 2022, 6:38 pm

Jim, you are such a fount of useful info Evil or Very Mad

Actually, I have looked at one of these, but not sure that I could live with all of the "old granny" comments from all of the usual wags!
Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility 3_whee10

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH August 1st 2022, 7:27 pm

Perry Geezer Cart - another possibility 72aedf10
Bet if you wore that while riding your ”steed”, no one would dare make an old granny comment!Laughing
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean August 1st 2022, 7:28 pm

Jim,

See what I mean about the usual wags!

😂🤣😂🤣

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH August 1st 2022, 7:39 pm

I had to look that up in the colonial dictionary…..
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean August 1st 2022, 7:45 pm

Ah yes, is that on the shelf next to your colonic dictionary?

🤣🤣😂🤣😂

RoyDean

james r chapman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle August 3rd 2022, 4:09 am

RoyDean wrote:I could certainly do with the exercise of cycling, so I will probably not take the electric option. More concerned about having an issue on gravel roads and hurting myself!

Electric-assist bikes are really neat.  There are several ways to use them.  You can dial in any amount of pedal assist you wish.  If there is a distance you can pedal without assist and not be completely exhausted, and you wish to make a longer trip, just add some electric assist.  Or perhaps you went out for a ride with no assist and found yourself too tired to comfortably pedal back.  You can just turn the throttle and ride back on your motor bike.  Also, gravel roads are a high-resistance substrate; the electric assist might be very welcomed there.  Suppose there is a trail or road you are comfortable with, but you have to ride a half mile in traffic to get there; turn on the power and zip to your trail head then turn it off.  Take care, Tom
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman August 3rd 2022, 6:31 am

Are Perry and Atterbury now allowing motorized vehicles??
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean August 3rd 2022, 6:43 am

Jim, I did not enquire at Perry (it is not far to walk and easy except for the range grass), but noted that there are dozens of electric and gas golf carts and utility ATV's zooming around the camp all of the time.

I asked the accommodation unit staff at Atterbury about possibly renting a golf cart - there is no vendor on camp or nearby - but they mentioned that recently the new camp commander had relaxed the rules on golf carts and similar vehicles due to the big fuel cost increases. I do not know whether that is an official position or "turn a blind eye".

Since Atterbury is just a few days and that gravel access road looks iffy, in my case - if I decide to go there again, I shall probably just drive to the range in my RV each day. At least two other shooters did just that this year.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down