Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aim point Micro mounting options

5 posters

Go down

Aim point Micro mounting options  Empty Aim point Micro mounting options

Post by hengehold 8/3/2022, 11:25 pm

I am putting a red dot on my 1911 BE gun for the first time and shot it for the first time today. I really like the balance of my 1911 with iron sights and would like to stay as close to that feeling as possible. I use an AccuracyX so the rear sight module comes off and can be replaced with various options. I have the “micro rail” with an “aim point micro H2” on it. This configuration puts the scope centered at the front of the trigger guard. This feels a bit nose heavy to me and my hold/arch of movement  feels huge. 

I would prefer to mount the scope as far to the rear of the gun as possible and I have a picatinny rail that can replace the rear sight on the slide. Is there an Aimpoint mount that is compatible with the picatinny rail and sits low so it works well for BE? 

Here is a link to something that I found at KC Customs but not sure if this works with a picatinny rail.

https://kcskustomcreations.com/product/kodiak-base-aimpoint-micro-h1-h2/ 

What are my options? 

-TH

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Aim point Micro mounting options  Empty Re: Aim point Micro mounting options

Post by toddcfii 8/4/2022, 12:18 am

I believe almost any of the standard H-1/H-2 mounts work with a picatinny rail. The exceptions are the ones made for a specific gun like Ruger MKII. Aimpoint makes them, Primary Arms and others.
toddcfii
toddcfii

hengehold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 8/4/2022, 6:44 am

Thanks

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 8/4/2022, 7:38 am

TH, yes that mount will work.  But you will have to open up the cross slot you want to use to accept the Kodiak mount.  Could you post a pic of the pic rail you're thinking of using please.  Want to give you correct information.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 8/4/2022, 9:01 am

kc.crawford.7 wrote:TH, yes that mount will work.  But you will have to open up the cross slot you want to use to accept the Kodiak mount.  Could you post a pic of the pic rail you're thinking of using please.  Want to give you correct information.
It is the 2” long picatinny rail that is available from AXI. It can be seen in the pic at the top of the page. (Link below) Sorry but I am unable to find a link to this exact product with its specs listed. 

https://accuracyx.com/multi-sight-system/

-TH

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/4/2022, 9:13 am

Before grinding away on AXI rail, contact Steve HUFF at AXI, he will advise you on all that fits.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 8/4/2022, 12:05 pm

Thanks for all the replies. It appears that the standard aimpoint mount does attach to a picatinny rail and that is the product I need. Since I purchased the H2 scope used it did not come with the mount and that is what lead to my confusion. Thanks to everyone for your input.
-TH

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 8/4/2022, 12:07 pm

kc.crawford.7 wrote:TH, yes that mount will work.  But you will have to open up the cross slot you want to use to accept the Kodiak mount.  Could you post a pic of the pic rail you're thinking of using please.  Want to give you correct information.
So the Kodiak mounts do not fit a standard picatinny rail?

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/4/2022, 2:02 pm

AXI offers two other rails other than the MicroRail that will work with the MultiSight application and an Aimpoint H1. One is a full length rail which will accommodate almost any optic. The other is a short rail. The short rail mounts right over the MultiSight cut, and will move the H1 to the rear, in a similar position as the Kodiak mount as is often cut into the slide.

I have three AXI guns. I like the MultiSight set up, but if I were to do it all over, I would get the MultiSight set up but use the full length rail, when I wanted to mount a scope. It offers more flexibility in scope applications, without the limitation of the MultiRail. The MultiRail with an Aimpoint H1 is attractive, but limits applications too much. My $.02
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 8/5/2022, 7:03 am

hengehold wrote:
So the Kodiak mounts do not fit a standard picatinny rail?
No they don't.  The cross bolt that tightens the mount is much larger than the factory mount.  So the cross slot has to be opened up to allow for proper fit.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down