Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP is on top of the awards

+4
Steve K
RoyDean
pgg
bmize1
8 posters

Go down

CMP is on top of the awards Empty CMP is on top of the awards

Post by bmize1 8/19/2022, 7:39 pm

Nice surprise in the mailbox today.
It’s nice to see the CMP on top of the awards even with all the work that went into Camp Perry 

I’m still waiting on some from the NRA from 2019 and 2020 before our club changes over to CMP

CMP is on top of the awards C29ca910

bmize1

bruce martindale, dieselguy624, x90rider, Arthur, SingleActionAndrew and rckendall like this post

Back to top Go down

CMP is on top of the awards Empty Re: CMP is on top of the awards

Post by pgg 8/20/2022, 9:00 pm

I received P100 certificates for rifle and pistol yesterday, suitable for framing. Smile

But they just stuffed the certificates in a big envelope, so they're crumpled up and mashed. Sad They took the time to put the medals in padded envelopes, but the certificates are unsuitable for framing. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, CMP. Emailing a high resolution PDF that I could print would've been better.

Oh well.

pgg

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 8/20/2022, 9:26 pm

pgg,

I popped in to the CMP office on my last morning at Perry and picked up pins and certs cheers

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 8/21/2022, 12:01 pm

I received one of four awards from the NRA from 2016, it was delivered in 2020. Still waiting for the others.

Steve K

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 8/21/2022, 4:06 pm

I too received a silver .22 EIC medal from CMP last week, but I'm very confused, because I was nowhere near 2nd place at Perry. They only sent me a medal, there was no letter there, like they usually do, so I have no idea what was it for. Oh well, I guess it's a participation trophy then Smile))

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 8/21/2022, 6:54 pm

javaduke wrote:I too received a silver .22 EIC medal from CMP last week, but I'm very confused, because I was nowhere near 2nd place at Perry. They only sent me a medal, there was no letter there, like they usually do, so I have no idea what was it for. Oh well, I guess it's a participation trophy then Smile))
Sounds like EIC pin for shooting the middle band of scores with the .22 in an EIC match. Not 2nd place pin. Shoot a lower score (IIRC still 241+ NMC) and you should get a bronze one. Our local EIC matches hand them out in person.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 8/21/2022, 6:56 pm

SingleActionAndrew wrote:
javaduke wrote:I too received a silver .22 EIC medal from CMP last week, but I'm very confused, because I was nowhere near 2nd place at Perry. They only sent me a medal, there was no letter there, like they usually do, so I have no idea what was it for. Oh well, I guess it's a participation trophy then Smile))
Sounds like EIC pin for shooting the middle band of scores with the .22 in an EIC match. Not 2nd place pin. Shoot a lower score (IIRC still 241+ NMC) and you should get a bronze one. Our local EIC matches hand them out in person.
No, it's not a small silver pin, it's a medal like the ones in the photo from the original post.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by lonegunman 9/26/2022, 12:15 pm

The NRA cares about Wayne buying nice suits in Beverly Hills and funding his private jet travels, sadly they are not big on gun rights or competitive shooting anymore.  

I'm glad to see the CMP is stepping up to fill the gap and looking forward to shooting the triple crown of Ohio in the next year or two.  

I donated a gun as a prize at Camp Perry for three years, the NRA had accepted my offer of a gun a year for five years in my Dad's memory.  After the 3rd year, they demanded cash, no gun and they would decide what to do with it.  Meaning, it would be them to decide if they simply pocketed $500 to $1000 dollars or gave back a couple of $50 dollar Visa gift cards with my money.

What was certain was than little or none of my donation would go to awards.
lonegunman
lonegunman

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 9/26/2022, 1:42 pm

I hope deeply that our once proud NRA of America will rapidly redeem itself. And can't help feel compelled to put my time to only attend one of the nationals next summer to the NRA, so attendance isn't so low that everyone else loses hope in the NRA of America.

But if they are to the point of not honoring donated awards and refusing to put donations to their intended purpose this is a truly sad state of affairs. Perhaps my head has just been in the sand for too long. Those CMP ribbons sure look purdy.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

CMP is on top of the awards Empty ? Medal

Post by Star loader 10/8/2022, 7:55 am

Cleaning a cabinet last week and found a National Board medal that I do not remember or can identify .  It is a National Board medal that has a Civilian bar and the year bar (1993)  , the medal is a bronze shield with a bowl on it . What was it for ?

Star loader

Back to top Go down

CMP is on top of the awards Empty NRA

Post by Star loader 10/8/2022, 8:07 am

SingleActionAndrew wrote:I hope deeply that our once proud NRA of America will rapidly redeem itself. And can't help feel compelled to put my time to only attend one of the nationals next summer to the NRA, so attendance isn't so low that everyone else loses hope in the NRA of America.

But if they are to the point of not honoring donated awards and refusing to put donations to their intended purpose this is a truly sad state of affairs. Perhaps my head has just been in the sand for too long. Those CMP ribbons sure look purdy.

The NRA can not support both the matches and Wayne la Pierre .

Star loader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down