Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol

5 posters

Go down

Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol Empty Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol

Post by Danehogle Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:27 pm

Everyone, I am sad to inform you all the at Governors Cup to be held at Adams Conservation Club is now canceled.

The Match will still be shot at the Canton McKinley Rifle and Pistol club in Canton on Sept 11th. 
I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Dane Hogle
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol Empty Re: Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol

Post by Colt711 Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:28 pm

What happened at Adans.

When Adams started holding matches, circa 1971, there was some thing like 18 or maybe 24 firing points and the matches were1800's. Soon the range was 37 FP and they were 2700's, You had to call in April and schedule as they were usually full.
Thee range was one of, if not the best in Ohio. Did I mention the good lunches? And included in the entry fee!

Over the yrs local interest slowed  drasticly, help was a problem. Another sign of BE's probs.

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol Empty Re: Ohio Governor’s Cup moved to Canton McKinley rifle and pistol

Post by Multiracer Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:48 pm

You answered your own question ?

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:25 pm

My initial question wasnit clear....what happened this yr ?Planned then, then canceled?

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Ron,

I believe Adams had either a date conflict or not enough people to run the match. The match was shot at Cardinal this year. 

People like to shoot matches but very few step up to run or even help run them. Many of the clubs in Northern Ohio had one or two people that ran matches for years and were never able to get someone to step up and help run the matches, sadly those clubs no longer have matches. Quite a few shooters in general are not even members of the clubs that hold matches.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:24 pm

"Many(?) of the clubs in Northern Ohio"

Chiz,
Thanks for the info re: the Gov's Match. 
Please don't take offense to my remarks below. I enjoy reading your contributions!

Just a comment; I listed the yrs of my BE experience in OH. During that time there were never many clubs holding matches in NO. Clubs holding matches during those yrs were; Adams, Oak Harbor, Erie (count on a hand during my time there), Lorain R & P, North Olmstead, and C-M. Cols was considered Mid Ohio.

You are certainly right as to one person! If there were more than one usually there was a leader among them that kept it going or launched the program.

I shot my 1st BE match @ Oak Harbor in Nov of 1968 and the last (in Ohio) in April of 2001 or 2 and the above listed clubs were where I shot matches.

Quite a ride!!

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:32 pm

Bullseye requires a bit of infrastructure to run matches just like Highpower.  You can get “walk and paste” matches at the “Approved” level, but to run “Registered”. Matches you need turning targets for pistol.  That requires a turning mechanism and something to control it.  Neither is terribly expensive, but neither are low cost.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down