Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV competition. Which to keep

3 posters

Go down

Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV  competition. Which to keep Empty Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV competition. Which to keep

Post by GerhardG 9/4/2022, 8:56 pm

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

I finally ordered a Nelson 22 conversion for my stock Springfield RO, awaiting its arrival around end Oct.
I do not wish to be a collector but plan on shooting the Nelson with irons. The Ruger I use gets me avg 255 in Bullseye. That with a Red-dot.
I prefer irons as my Stehyr LP50H with irons has taught me plenty.
 Does anyone think I will do better with the Nelson with Irons? Any suggestions on my Springfield RO? Leave as is or send everything out to a pistol smith??? PS, my 45 scores suck.
Thank you

GerhardG

Back to top Go down

Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV  competition. Which to keep Empty Re: Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV competition. Which to keep

Post by SingleActionAndrew 9/4/2022, 9:44 pm

You should keep both. How will you practice 22 when your friend, that you're tricking into also joining the sport, is shooting your only 22 next to you? Also backup gun etc.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

GerhardG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV  competition. Which to keep Empty Re: Nelson custom 1911 22 conversion vs Ruger Mk IV competition. Which to keep

Post by james r chapman 9/4/2022, 9:46 pm

If you prefer irons, shoot irons.
I prefer the Nelson over the Ruger.
I think it takes less to get a good trigger on the SA lower, easier to adjust trigger pull on the SA, can be used for both cf and .22 with a 2 1/2# trigger.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

GerhardG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down