Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1911 Trigger/Nelson Conversion

5 posters

Go down

1911 Trigger/Nelson Conversion  Empty 1911 Trigger/Nelson Conversion

Post by Magload 1/21/2017, 12:06 pm

I am going to use my Remington R1 frame for my 22LR conversion for now when I comes in.  Selected it becaused it's slide is living on top of my Gold Cup frame.  It is going to need trigger work and I would like to get it down around 2 pounds.  Can anyone make any recommendations. I don't think I want a rolling trigger as I would like the feel to match my LB WC 45.  The best I could find is a Ultra Light assy in Brownells and it is 3.5 lbs.  If that is the best I can do I will go with that.  Or do I just put a rolling trigger in both guns?  I so hate to mod a brand new LB.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

1911 Trigger/Nelson Conversion  Empty Re: 1911 Trigger/Nelson Conversion

Post by Chris Miceli 1/21/2017, 12:10 pm

Magload wrote:I am going to use my Remington R1 frame for my 22LR conversion for now when I comes in.  Selected it becaused it's slide is living on top of my Gold Cup frame.  It is going to need trigger work and I would like to get it down around 2 pounds.  Can anyone make any recommendations. I don't think I want a rolling trigger as I would like the feel to match my LB WC 45.  The best I could find is a Ultra Light assy in Brownells and it is 3.5 lbs.  If that is the best I can do I will go with that.  Or do I just put a rolling trigger in both guns?  I so hate to mod a brand new LB.  Don

The more guns you can try of others with different triggers is best for you.  Many gunsmiths on this forum can do high quality trigger work.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/21/2017, 1:50 pm

Keep in mind that the 45 upper would not be suitable on it's original lower after the 2# trigger work.  I hear the best 2# triggers have a different sear setup.

If I didn't have a pistolsmith near, I would fit KC hammer kits in all my frames at a quality 3.5# (or 4# if I was still legging).
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 1/21/2017, 3:20 pm

Jack H wrote:Keep in mind that the 45 upper would not be suitable on it's original lower after the 2# trigger work.  I hear the best 2# triggers have a different sear setup.

If I didn't have a pistolsmith near, I would fit KC hammer kits in all my frames at a quality 3.5# (or 4# if I was still legging).
Jack that is probably where I will end up. I have installed VQ trigger assys in my Mark III and 22/45 so expect i can handle the job in the 1911s.  I will order one for the R1 while waiting on the Nelson and see how that goes before doing the Lb and the SA RO.  Seams to me learning one trigger would be better then learning many.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by kgs113 1/30/2017, 10:10 am

The KC hammer kits are a great way to go.  I'm classified as a sharpshooter and I've been shooting master scores the last several weeks.  Dropped it into a Range Officer frame with a Nelson conversion.

Kevin

kgs113

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 1/30/2017, 12:51 pm

Shot the KC Battleaxe trigger this morning with the 45 slide on the R1.  Really liked the trigger and actuality shot petty well with the open sights.  Now I understand the rolling trigger thing. Wish the Nelson would ship.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 1/30/2017, 5:43 pm

I have always thought I didn't like a rolling trigger either.  Not exactly sure, probably comparing a 45 to some of my 22s. I had my STI adjusted (by a smith) to around 2 lbs and really liked it.  However, when i started shooting BE, I realized it was illegal as all getout. Jon Eulette convinced me to try a rolling trigger and redid the STI at 4.1 lbs. It has taken some time to get used to it, but am starting to really appreciate the roll.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down