Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rink Grips - 7 degree offset

5 posters

Go down

Rink Grips - 7 degree offset  Empty Rink Grips - 7 degree offset

Post by swissyhawk 9/5/2022, 5:56 pm

I’m a right handed shooter.  If I put a rink grip with 7 degree offset on my gun, will the gun point more to the right or to the left compared to using a rink grip with 0 degree offset?

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Rink Grips - 7 degree offset  Empty Re: Rink Grips - 7 degree offset

Post by Dcforman 9/5/2022, 6:02 pm

More to the right. It's intended primarily for a cross eye dominant shooter, so the 7* offset will bring the gun in line with your left eye if you're a right handed shooter.

Dave

Dcforman

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 9/5/2022, 9:38 pm

A plus for the 7 degree offset is you can carve out the palm heel pocket to fit you. I have ordered many 7 degree offset Rink grips and after some fitting I have maybe 1 or 2 degree offset grip after fitting.

Your mileage may vary.

Also, I often deepen the forward palm ridge on Rink grips. For me Rink provides a 95% grip that only needs a bit of fitting and refinishing at an acceptable cost compared to competitor grips.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 9/6/2022, 8:50 am

Maybe a better description is "rotated" 7 degrees, the gun basically twists in the grip to point 7 degrees outward. 7 degrees is roughly the angle between your two eyes and your outstretched hand, so for a right-handed shooter, this moves the barrel in line with your left eye, and vice-versa.

If you pick up a 7 degree grip and use the same-side eye, this means the gun will need to twist inward, i.e. the right handed / right eye dominant shooter will need to pull the POA to the left. But to do this means breaking your wrist, or realigning your head, to get it in line with your right eye, which you probably don't want to do.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 9/8/2022, 6:31 pm

I have stubby fingers and  the offset is a solution then helps me get a straighter trigger pull. My stance is relatively closed so I do not have I do not have a problem with eye alignment. Another solution is to get a regular grip and build up the heel or the side and create your offset to your own liking typically that will give you less than 7° but may be enough to give you proper purchase on the trigger. 

I did that both with hammerly grip on the on the excess and on a rink grip for the excess. I like that solution the best
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

mpolans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down