Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little non BE history and fond memories.

3 posters

Go down

A little non BE history and fond memories. Empty A little non BE history and fond memories.

Post by Jack H Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:49 am

From my archives:

Dad and I were really into hunting and the rifles for that. But most of our shooting was off the bench. In a period probably less than 10 years we shot through two 100 pound kegs of surplus 4831 in our magnums and 270Win. I love how my 7 mag shot flatter than Dad's 300Wby.
When I was 9-10 years old Dad and I went to the Weatherby Southgate store very often. This was late 50s into 60s. I met Roy Weatherby more than once via the store worker named Max. We got the shop tour more than once. At a stockmakers shop not at Weatherby’s, I saw and even polished on the blue stock that was going to be on a rifle presented to Walter O’Malley.
Dad had a 300Wby but had it rebarreled to Douglas by a barrel fitter named Shook (I think). Also had a 378Wby. One other was a Mk V action with a standard bolt face that he made into a 270 Win. Come to think of it the stockmaker was named Shaw. Don’t hold me to that. It has been a long time.
And here is the stock I polished on at the stockmaker shop.

A little non BE history and fond memories. OMalley-stock

The lady is Betty Noonan, legend in the Weatherby company, with the "Dodger Blue" Mark V that was made for Walter O'Malley, owner of the LA Dodgers.
Jack H
Jack H

dieselguy624, Bakita, Allgoodhits, SingleActionAndrew, Thin Man and popchevy like this post

Back to top Go down

A little non BE history and fond memories. Empty Re: A little non BE history and fond memories.

Post by OldWheelgunner45 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:10 pm

Nice thread, Thanks for the info.

OldWheelgunner45

Back to top Go down

A little non BE history and fond memories. Empty Re: A little non BE history and fond memories.

Post by Cmysix Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:50 pm

My father knew weatherby some how, my brother has it now but my father got one of his first builds in the garage
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:51 pm

My understanding is weatherby started building rifles in a garage
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down