Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EIC Memories

+3
Dr.Don
john bickar
Axehandle
7 posters

Go down

EIC Memories Empty EIC Memories

Post by Axehandle 9/21/2023, 4:52 pm

Wasn't life so much happier when they issued EIC and Service Pistol ammo to you on the firing line...  45ACP Match Hardball for Everyone!   Smile

EIC Memories XJTwwp7
EIC Memories A1C4cLO
EIC Memories JAdbb4u

Axehandle

Jack H, mbmshooter, john bickar and x90rider like this post

Back to top Go down

EIC Memories Empty Re: EIC Memories

Post by john bickar 9/21/2023, 5:45 pm

WCC 85? Lucky. Sh*t, back in my day we got TZZ.

30 years later, my elbow still hurts just thinking about it.
john bickar
john bickar

8eightring, BE Mike, kc.crawford.7 and TargetPistolGuy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 9/22/2023, 10:32 am

Yeah I miss it.  Except that Navy regs prohibited issuing Navy ammo to Civilians at their matches.  I shot a match in Damneck, VA where the club bought some brown box ammo they could issue to Civilians for the leg match.  I got 6 points but I don't think that ammo would have grouped on a baseball cap at 50yds.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 9/22/2023, 11:49 am

Dr.Don wrote:Yeah I miss it.  Except that Navy regs prohibited issuing Navy ammo to Civilians at their matches.  I shot a match in Damneck, VA where the club bought some brown box ammo they could issue to Civilians for the leg match.  I got 6 points but I don't think that ammo would have grouped on a baseball cap at 50yds.
Dam Neck was always a tough match, but I attributed it to lighting rather than ammo.  The way the sun came in just raised trouble with the sighting.  I think I remember 2700 scores being a bit off at those matches, as well.  I also remember attending a couple rifle EICs there, too.  Actually, the only 2 I ever shot - one with an M-16 and the other with an M-14A1.  Fun days. . .

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by oldrifle 9/25/2023, 7:44 am

Yes, I do miss it. We were extremely fortunate in my day.

oldrifle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 9/25/2023, 8:04 am

Alright, trying to figure out when they stopped issuing ammo... it looks like they stopped issuing at the P100 around 1996? I think when the DCM transitioned to the CMP? That sound correct?

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 9/25/2023, 9:15 am

When I came through the military system Service Pistol was the focus for our team shooters.  With 50% new shooters the new shooters would make or break the team score.  I'd routinely see marksmen and sharpshooters from other teams shooting wadcutter in their 45s.  We were not issued wadcutter until we shot over 800 with hardball.  As a result, in 1984, I carried an expert classification card, was distinguished, and was required to shoot 2600 class if there was one.  These were the days before "High Master" existed.  Life was good, and my elbow did not hurt.  Generally consensus at that point in time was that Match Hardball was hotter than brown box ball.  The TZZ and IMI was different.

Axehandle

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 10/24/2023, 10:01 pm

The "leg Monkey". 
Your heart throbbing right up against your throat trying to be free! Your handed a little brown paper bag w/ 30 rds of ball stapled inside. Somebody tells you to count it just to be safe!? It takes 5 or 6 tries to get 30 2 times. The bag is put back in the pistol box and a search for the magazine removed from the gun moments ago begins. After 2 or 3 thorough searches  of your "stuff" it is  located and a search for the brown bag commences! Again!

The commands  are given and firing starts, an X, !0, 9, d another X!! I've got it today! A gold medal looms halfway down range and the 5th shot breaks clean but lands in the bleeping 5 ring! How ithe h---  can a shot be so wild? TF is a nightmare, but a little math teveals it is still doable. Somehow RF is over and the result, a 273 or 276. 36 points and all the misery is over.The exhilaration is unbelieivable!

The yr was 1981 and points were earned @ Bristol, Perry, C-M, and the last, again @ Perry.

Ron Habegger

Colt711

chopper and rburk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down