Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RangeUSA to host .22 leagues?

4 posters

Go down

RangeUSA to host .22 leagues? Empty RangeUSA to host .22 leagues?

Post by smdial 10/12/2022, 7:26 pm

I sent this to RangeUSA, and I got a response that sounds like they think I want to host a corporate event there...but think of the possibilities at least for those of us in the Midwest:

"With the number of stores you have, you have a unique opportunity to offer a .22 bullseye winter league with signups and results posted online that is FAR beyond what any local gun club/ range could offer. Think about the reach you could have and the people you could bring in. My thought would be: 1 - Web based sign-ups for all of your stores / locations. 2 - One night a week for say 12 weeks you have 2-3 hours dedicated on a few lanes (for any location where people sign up) for people to come and compete. 3 - Have your RSO's validate the scores and post online. Part of bullseye (now precision pistol) is of course a turning target. I have a very inexpensive  (or free even) solution for you and its frankly something that your individual stores can build on their own with little effort. What do you get out of it? Simple. Advertise on SSUSA.org; Start a multi-state match. Bring more people into your locations. Not only are you getting the brass and lead, you can charge per league and administration of the event. It's a win for the shooters, and a win for RangeUSA. How can I help get this going?"

Any other advice or people willing to write in and try to help get this going?

smdial

http://indy1800.org

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

RangeUSA to host .22 leagues? Empty Re: RangeUSA to host .22 leagues?

Post by RodJ 10/12/2022, 9:34 pm

Me. I have a membership here in Austin and have been threatening to do the same. Now I’m motivated. Hell could have different stores compete - that would be hilarious (fun). Next time I’m at the store I’ll see if I can talk to the manager. The impression I have is that the stores have latitude to offer classes, womens’ night, etc.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial 10/12/2022, 10:19 pm

Awesome.  I'd try to hit up corporate too.  If enough people write in, maybe they will take it seriously.  Here's my turning target system at their range even: https://github.com/100-5x/Bullseye-Target-System/blob/main/photos/IMG_0835.jpeg  Thanks!!

smdial

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraiEsq 10/13/2022, 6:37 am

I went to the Lady Sure Shots event last weekend; there were 16-18 shooters. Six or seven were in the class portion and three had questions about competitive shooting. (I did what I could with my limited experience.) Management was open to my bringing info on competitive shooting next time and liked the idea of some kind of league. We'll see how it works out.

My local guys are the best, by the way. Helpful, encouraging and always ready to point out the flyers on my targets...
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 10/13/2022, 6:48 am

SaraiEsq wrote:My local guys are the best, by the way.  Helpful, encouraging and always ready to point out the flyers on my targets...
That isn't what you want to do! Ask them to please NOT do that.

Only acknowledge or point out the good shots. 

Ignore the flyers as if they were not there.

You only want to reinforce what you did well and want to happen more often. Pointing out unfavorable shots is counter productive and actually leaves more of an (negative) impression than the desirable shots! (Just like it did in this post. You only remembered/mentioned the bad shots, not the good ones!)
DA/SA
DA/SA

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraiEsq 10/13/2022, 8:46 am

It's more like a big brother ribbing me good naturedly, than harsh criticism.  🙂  But I do generally concentrate on the good shots after we figure out what caused the bad string.

And, when I have a target like this one, they are appropriately amazed.

RangeUSA to host .22 leagues? Target10
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 10/13/2022, 5:18 pm

Fliers?! There’s no stinking fliers. Just “opportunities” to improve consistency!

lol!

RodJ

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial 10/14/2022, 1:08 pm

RangeUSA got back to me. They said they have enough people and money and are not interested.

smdial

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraiEsq 10/17/2022, 10:43 am

smdial wrote:RangeUSA got back to me. They said they have enough people and money and are not interested.

I am going to talk to my local store about some kind of winter league.  Local stores do have some leeway when it comes to scheduling things.  The logistics of the turning targets might be a problem, since you would need to dedicate one range to them... maybe?  Hmmm.  Must think on this (and look more closely at your turning target design).
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial 10/17/2022, 11:18 am

I can use a protocol called "ESP-NOW" (https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp-now-esp32-arduino-ide/) to send the command to multiple systems if that becomes a requirement.  I just haven't dedicated much time since it hasn't been in demand yet...

smdial

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down