Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walter GSP-C Grip Size?

2 posters

Go down

Walter GSP-C Grip Size? Empty Walter GSP-C Grip Size?

Post by 22Cool 10/27/2022, 7:58 am

Hi,
I recently got a used GSP-C and the grip fits me very well, however I can't see any size information on it.  Is there a way to tell?
I'm asking since I'm ordering a Rink grip for a different gun and Mr. Rink himself is saying that my palm is large, but fingers are short and he's thinking size Large without a palm swell, but I've had a Walther SP22 M4 with a Large factory target grip and that didn't fit well at all.  (I'm only 5'5".)
Thanks!

Last edited by 22Cool on 10/27/2022, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
22Cool
22Cool

Back to top Go down

Walter GSP-C Grip Size? Empty Re: Walter GSP-C Grip Size?

Post by -TT- 10/27/2022, 9:10 am

I have found that Herr Rink's experience leads to highly accurate suggestions from him on fitting. However, if this "different gun" accepts a frame-type grip, the size may not be the same as your GSP. The angle, and size/shape of the frame may dictate differently due to the things the grip has to cover. Factory Rink grips have no markings btw, only custom-made ones.

Did you ask him about the SP22 issue, and also what size your GSP grip might be?
-TT-
-TT-

22Cool likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 22Cool 10/27/2022, 10:36 am

Thanks! I did reference the same things mentioned above, but haven't heard back yet. To be honest, the SP22 is a poor target gun vs. the others, so I don't plan to change that grip.
The new grip is for a Benelli MP95.
22Cool
22Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by 22Cool 10/27/2022, 11:19 am

Also one consideration for me is that a Large grip would probably be a poorer fit for my proportionally short fingers whereas the flesh on the sides of my palm can fill into place as needed on a Medium grip. I found that the adjustable base of the SP22 grip could not adjust high enough and the finger reach was poor.  The reach on the GSP-C grip was good and the fit seemed just the right amount of "snug".
22Cool
22Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 10/27/2022, 12:26 pm

22Cool wrote:The new grip is for a Benelli MP95.

The Rink grip for the Benelli will run true to size, since it's attached by a single through-bolt. Remember that the Benelli grip can be adjusted front-rear by using the factory red frame spacer, or making one yourself (since most MP95's don't come with one). This can help adjust the reach quite a bit!

I have at least two Rink grips for the Benelli, size Large, I'll measure the height range for you. They have the bullseye upswept lower rest, is that what you're considering? Floor height might be slightly different from the ISSF flat one.
-TT-
-TT-

22Cool likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 22Cool 10/27/2022, 1:15 pm

-TT- wrote:
22Cool wrote:The new grip is for a Benelli MP95.
I have at least two Rink grips for the Benelli, size Large, I'll measure the height range for you. They have the bullseye upswept lower rest, is that what you're considering? Floor height might be slightly different from the ISSF flat one.

Thanks! I had ordered the flat one.

I've included pics of the two grips referenced.
Walter GSP-C Grip Size? 20221014
Walter GSP-C Grip Size? 20221015
22Cool
22Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by 22Cool 10/27/2022, 1:17 pm

Walter GSP-C Grip Size? 20221016
Walter GSP-C Grip Size? 20221017
22Cool
22Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 10/27/2022, 2:12 pm

It's interesting you say the top (wood) grip fits you well, it doesn't look that way to me. There's a gap at the top and your middle finger doesn't appear to wrap as much as your ring and pinky. To me it seems too tall and maybe a bit too thick.

OTOH the bottom (plastic) one is much too large in both height and girth. There's a huge gap at the base of your thumb, and your fingers don't make it around the front, except for your ring finger which should not be touching the tip of your thumb.

I measured my large Benelli Rink grips, and also my medium Xesse Rink grip. Turns out that the maximum height of the medium grip is very close to the minimum height of the large, about 9cm parallel to the "ridge" where your inside knuckles rest. That's right where Rink recommends the next size up.

The circumference, however, is about 1cm greater on the large. I'd guess that a medium "thick" would be about the same as the standard large.

Either way, your hand outline would definitely show him exactly how large your palm and fingers were, and if he recommends large-no-palmswell, I'd agree. You can always remove some wood or add putty at the front to fit your fingers, if they don't wrap to your liking.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by 22Cool 10/27/2022, 3:26 pm

The pains of having odd shaped hands (my feet are like those of a duck lol).
Thanks for all the help and info TT!
I'm still deciding, but as a side note Herr Rink did recommend no palm swell and 7 degree adjustment (usually for left eye dominant, but likely suggested for me due to my short fingers so they wrap better).
22Cool
22Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down