Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tube optics vs reflex

+2
chiz1180
L. Boscoe
6 posters

Go down

Tube optics vs reflex Empty Tube optics vs reflex

Post by L. Boscoe 12/3/2022, 9:38 pm

I have discovered if I want to see the target I have to shoot a red dot. I have several 45's with Holosun, and they are fine.
I just got a Marvel 22 conversion, and put an Ultra dot 6 on it.  I am becoming a fan, not to mention a really good trigger on the 45. Cool  
I think the Ultradot must ride the slide in 45 mode?  seems like a lot of metal recoiling fast would not be good for the  tube mounts, etc.  I would not be a fan of mounting a lot of crap on the side of the pistol to hold the tube/dot-not pretty.
Ok, do the tube/dots hold up?  This is BE only.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Tube optics vs reflex Empty Re: Tube optics vs reflex

Post by chiz1180 12/3/2022, 10:29 pm

I had a slide mounted ultradot6 on my 45, with zero issues. I run 9000s now for improved glass. I have a frame mount 45 that has an ultradot, have not had any issues.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 12/3/2022, 11:32 pm

Short answer is yes, they hold up on a slide mount setup.
I've shot over 90,000 rounds of 45 wadcutter through several wad guns. With one exception at Perry in 2002 (a failed tension spring that Larry Carter fixed within the hour), they've performed very well.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 12/3/2022, 11:44 pm

Tube dot 100%!!

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 12/4/2022, 7:11 am

Weigand makes a good frame mount. It is gunsmith (or skilled machinist) installed, as it requires drilling and tapping several holes in the relatively thin dust cover. There are other frame mount options. We frame mount bullseye shooters are a minority, but we are fervent in our belief they are superior. 

Reflex red dots are not common. The disadvantages are coarse adjustment, backlash and most of them don't have clicks, so sighting in can be frustrating.

The tube is also good for us as it encourages us to have the dot near the center (less parallax error) and to develop good recovery because if the gun is out of alignment when you come back on target the dot will be gone.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 12/4/2022, 12:29 pm

Tube optic or reflex, they both have similar accuracy potential.  Tube have slightly better optical properties but those are lost in pistol shooting.  These are two examples. One with a tube the other with a reflex.  I chose the reflex for the 745 because I didn’t want to drill the slide and the dovetails can’t take the reciprocating mass. Tube optics vs reflex Faba5b10
Tube optics vs reflex 19c86a10
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down