Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check your stuff, then check it again.

4 posters

Go down

Check your stuff, then check it again. Empty Check your stuff, then check it again.

Post by Multiracer 1/13/2023, 7:36 pm

I needed some softer primers for a D/A revolver in 45 ACP. I bought these Federal large primers this past week. Guess what I found in the first pack of 100 ? Todays post covid ammo supplies are not what they used to be.
Check your stuff, then check it again. Img_2039

Multiracer

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Check your stuff, then check it again. Empty Re: Check your stuff, then check it again.

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/13/2023, 8:18 pm

Last night I put 100 starline cases on the press and used a fresh tray of WLP. 98 cartridges later the primer magazine was empty but I still had two cases of the original 100. Where were the primers?? I looked all around the system and seem to rule out that the primers exist anywhere. Eventually I look in the primer pickup tube and there they are. One slid free toward the soft pickup tip but the other was stuck in there. I ended up shooting it out with a small amount of compressed air into some cloths. No wonder it got wedged in there - the paper over the primer compound didn't cut correctly and was hanging over the side. I'll be looking closer at these things too!
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Check your stuff, then check it again. Empty Re: Check your stuff, then check it again.

Post by BE Mike 1/14/2023, 7:05 am

You'd be doing all of us a favor if you contacted the manufacturer with this information. I still think that ammo manufacturers in this country care.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by mustachio 2/4/2023, 11:34 am

I load 148gr HBWC on a Lee Turret press. I DO NOT use the primer attachment. I prime each case individually and I check each primer before seating them...your advice is good but I have done it for years.
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down