Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips.

5 posters

Go down

Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips. Empty Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips.

Post by BryanGA 2/13/2012, 10:06 pm

The swell on the back of the 41 grip is a bit bigger than I would like. I want to get a set of stock grips that may not be in the best shape so Iwould not feel bad about taking a rasp to them. I am also considering Herrett Nationals or flat backs.
Opinions?
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips. Empty Re: Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips.

Post by Jack H 2/14/2012, 3:25 am

CMM grip adaptors are real good 45 type grips. I had to fit the grip to the frame some. I got the flat style (MSH)
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips. Empty Re: Pistol Check, sight rail check, ultradot ordered check, so how about grips.

Post by BryanGA 2/14/2012, 7:56 am

CMM grip adapter? Do you have a link?
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 2/14/2012, 9:15 am

http://www.cmmshootingsports.com/index.php?cPath=21_25 while your looking, might check out their brass catchers if you need one they are the best available.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanGA 2/14/2012, 10:01 am

Thanks David
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Campbell 2/14/2012, 11:57 am

+1 on the CMM grip adapter.

I started with the Herrett Flat "Trainers" but the grip was still not comfortable. The CMM Adapter is less bulky and because it has part of it's "depth" in front of the frame and part behind, rather than all behind the frame, it moves your whole hand forward in relation to the gun, particularly the trigger. For someone with small hands that's a big deal.

Allan

Allan Campbell

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanGA 2/14/2012, 1:17 pm

I posted a WTB ad for stock grips but no sellers.I will check ebay and there is a guy with a huge amount of grips that does the gun shows around here.
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 2/14/2012, 4:52 pm

Herretts also makes trainer grips that feel real nice on a 41 also.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 2/14/2012, 5:57 pm

http://www.herrett-stocks.com/trnrfltl.htm

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanGA 2/16/2012, 6:52 am

Ok ultradot arrived yesterday. Going to see if I can find a set or leupold Rifleman lows locally. I bought grips from a guy I met on the Smith and Wesson forum. I got a set of Nationals, a set of trainers and a set of worn stock all for $57.00 shipped. They should be here Saturday.
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 2/16/2012, 7:53 am

Sounds like you got a great deal. I always used quick release rings on my ultradots. QR rings will allow you to remove then reinstall the scope with almost no change in POI, very helpful for cleaning purposes.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanGA 2/16/2012, 8:01 am

I am considering that. I am looking for the lowest rings possible. The difference between the Rifleman lows and the Leupold QR may not be big enough to outweigh the convenience of the QR.
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down