Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginners thru experts take note - B. Martindale's Book, "Feeling Center"

2 posters

Go down

Beginners thru experts take note - B. Martindale's  Book, "Feeling Center" Empty Beginners thru experts take note - B. Martindale's Book, "Feeling Center"

Post by croesler 2/1/2023, 5:50 pm

For those students of the "art of bullseye shooting" and not familiar with Bruce Martindale's book, "Feeling Center" I would like to say you are missing something you really do not want to miss.  I have ALL the books on bullseye and precision shooting, from Hebard to Yur'Yev to Ragnar Skanaker, and many more on shooting techniques for other disciplines (old and new).  I've read the entirety of Tony Brong's excellent blog, and enjoyed the "mental game" books by Raymond Prior and Lanny Basham.  And at every opportunity I've asked master and high master shooters for bits of wisdom that might not be obvious or elsewhere written.  Bruce's book is a top book.  Its notable for 1) cutting a new stripe, 2) helps decipher the well-meaning advice one gets from shooters who have forgotten the early learning curve, and 3) depending on where you are on your own journey, proves those little epiphanies (infrequent but occasional) you've been having?  Yeah, those ARE "bread-crumbs" on the path to master (or at least Bruce's path to master)!  Pleasantly, I'm only half-way through Bruce's book so imagine how excited I am to read the REST of the story?!  Bruce did not pay me, nor did he offer a free copy of his book.  I paid, and I'm glad I did.  Best deal I ever got.  This is a damn fine book, and if you want to learn a lot, don't miss it.   Bruce's email is kingsarcher2@yahoo.com, and he is active on this forum. Double thumbs up.
croesler
croesler

ric1911a1, Arthur, SingleActionAndrew, RodJ and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

Beginners thru experts take note - B. Martindale's  Book, "Feeling Center" Empty Re: Beginners thru experts take note - B. Martindale's Book, "Feeling Center"

Post by RodJ 2/1/2023, 6:10 pm

The book is only $10 but I paid $15 because i really appreciated his effort. Every page has nuggets that you can read 10 times and mine additional info. Jon Eulette has also been helping me which is priceless because he’s not bogging me down with endless info. Very step by step and the improvements came. (I just need to get back in the saddle as I’ve been distracted). But anyway Bruce’s book really does get down to the viewpoint from a beginner perspective. Liked to t so much I bought another copy (and gladly paid $15 again) to give to a friend who has become interested in “one hand” shooting.

RodJ

Back to top Go down