Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

difficulty in mounting rail to new LB

+2
Jon Eulette
L. Boscoe
6 posters

Go down

difficulty in mounting rail to new LB Empty difficulty in mounting rail to new LB

Post by L. Boscoe Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:33 am

My gunsmith is reluctant to drill my newish Les Baer for a rail mount as he says he hates to mess up
a "fine pistol".  It has sights on it, which would require drilling in the spot where the rear sight is now.
Is there a solution to this that does not require a new slide? Cool

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

difficulty in mounting rail to new LB Empty Re: difficulty in mounting rail to new LB

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:47 am

Are you removing the rear sight? It’s common practice to drill another hole where the rear sight WAS before being removed. I’ve also added a new hole to the rail when necessary to get another screw location. Sounds like your gunsmith hasn’t done many rail installations. I’d think twice before using him. I see lots of botched rail jobs:(
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Orion, kc.crawford.7, dieselguy624 and Pinetree like this post

Back to top Go down

difficulty in mounting rail to new LB Empty Re: difficulty in mounting rail to new LB

Post by Boxturtle Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:43 am

Jon Eulette made and installed a rail on my Les Baer P-II that does not interfere with the existing sights, and works very well.  He did not need the whole gun, only the slide.  It is very quick and easy to remove the rail and use the iron sights.

The turnaround was very quick.  I recommend Jon's work.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:36 am

If your gunsmith doesn’t feel comfortable doing it, you should pass.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

dieselguy624 and Pinetree like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:00 pm

Maybe try javaduke and let him make you a dovetail picatinny scope base like thisdifficulty in mounting rail to new LB Thumbn10
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:45 pm

maybe the best option, although I infer from Boxturtle's post that Jon has a rail
that leaves the sights alone.  Hopefully that would be easier and lower mounted.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Motophotog7 Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:58 pm

+1 for Jon’s rail and his services! He cut his rail to fit my SARO without removing the factory Target sights, turn around for slide only was very quick. Jon has been very helpful to and very giving of his time and expertise both with me and to the list. Jon is working on a build for me now and like many others on this forum I’ll be thrilled to have a Eulette built Bullseye gun!

Motophotog7

Foundryratjim likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down