Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on?

4 posters

Go down

S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on? Empty S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on?

Post by Tim:H11 2/26/2023, 8:08 pm

I think I asked once but it’s been a while. Has anyone built a bullseye gun out of a Springfield Armory Garrison? Just curious if it’s a gun worth using as a base gun for some people looking to start somewhere since the Range Officer is gone and fetches a premium on auction sights. Thanks
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on? Empty Re: S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on?

Post by shoot308 2/26/2023, 9:00 pm

I bought one new for my wife to start shooting. I shot it with irons before I put the Marvel on it for her. If you are going to run a red dot then I don't see much difference between the two. If you want it for irons that will be another problem.

shoot308

Back to top Go down

S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on? Empty Re: S.A. Garrison as a base gun to build on?

Post by mikemyers 2/26/2023, 9:04 pm

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 2/27/2023, 12:13 pm

IMHO I would go with Mil Spec or one of those Turkish Milspecs with the forged frames.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down