Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Have to Get a Red Dot Sight

Go down

I Have to Get a Red Dot Sight Empty I Have to Get a Red Dot Sight

Post by Guest 3/25/2023, 1:04 am

I didn't plan on it but no one make the iron sights I need to target shoot with my new Canik TP9SPX. They are too wide & the wrong height. The problem I'm finding with red dot sights is they aren't for accuracy. They're for shooting steel plates as fast as possible. The red dots would cover the whole target. If anyone knows of a red dot sight suitable for target shooting I'm interested in it. My local indoor range is 25 yards long & that the distance I shoot at. My targets are 2" stick-on dots I buy cheap at office supply stores. Comes in several colors.

Back to top Go down

I Have to Get a Red Dot Sight Empty Re: I Have to Get a Red Dot Sight

Post by NWSteve 3/25/2023, 6:57 am

I shoot my TP9 SFX in my bullseye league. It is nearly as accurate as my purpose built 22 Erma ESP 85. There are many dots to choose from, I have a few mid priced dots from other brands and I like the Canik M01 the best, it has a small dot and holds zero, after thousands of rounds it has not needed to be adjusted at all. If you shop around it can be found on line for under $200, through Canik $250.

Other mods to the SFX, Freedom Smith trigger for greatly reduced takeup and much better trigger geometry (90degree break), lighter trigger and firing pin springs have brought the trigger from just over 4 1/2 pounds to under 3 pounds. A brass backstrap adds mass and balance to the nose heavy SFX. unloaded the CG is at the trigger. I added a Blast 45 comp, should have waited for the Wasatch. I shoot two handed so I use a "gas pedal" thumb rest and Talon grips for what can only be described as grip weld.
Attachments
I Have to Get a Red Dot Sight Attachment
bullseye 2.jpg Slow fire at 50' with 9mmYou don't have permission to download attachments.(167 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

NWSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/25/2023, 12:35 pm

Thanks, I did some reading on that Canik M01 & that's what I need. I'll get a Freedomsmith trigger too. I put one on my first Canik & it was much better. Open sights are ok on my TP9SF so I never changed them. My TP9SFX has a slightly longer sight radius & I see too much space around the front sight. Also shoots a little high. Will be interesting to see which Canik I shoot better after the upgrades.

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSteve 3/25/2023, 2:05 pm

MECANIK MO1 MINI RED DOT | PACN1101 - Buds Gun Shop

They are here for $177. Cheapest I've seen.

NWSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down