Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches

4 posters

Go down

Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches Empty Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches

Post by jimmy_b_23 5/2/2023, 2:53 pm

Hey y'all! 

I am moving to Missouri and I am having a tough time finding matches (bullseye or otherwise). Do you all have any ideas on where to find competitions and a good shooting group before I get there and ask the locals? 

Thanks!

jimmy_b_23

Back to top Go down

Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches Empty Re: Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches

Post by Allen Barnett 5/2/2023, 6:03 pm

What part of Missouri?  Near Kansas City you have Pioneer which is going to re-start their Bullseye program starting 13 May (the matches will be on the 2nd Sat of every month) with matches under CMP rules and then there is Arnold Rifle and Pistol in the St Louis area which has NRA matches on the last Sat of each month. Just over the eastern border in Illinois is Highland which runs a mixture of both CMP and NRA matches. I live in central Missouri and there is nothing without at least a 2 hour drive.

Allen Barnett

jimmy_b_23 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches Empty Re: Finding a Shooting Community/ Identifying Matches

Post by ScottB 5/2/2023, 8:52 pm

If NW Missouri then you're only a few hours drive from Weeping Water Gun Club in Nebraska (Southwest of Omaha).  We have NRA and CMP matches from April - October.

You can always check the CMP website for upcoming matches: https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=dashboard#

ScottB

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 5/4/2023, 8:51 am

Good Morning Jimmy:

I have had good luck finding matches when I travel by doing a search on Google Maps for Rifle Ranges, Gun Clubs, Conservation Clubs, etc and locating gun clubs in the area I am going to be in.  

Then I go to the website or facebook page of that gun club and search their calendar for matches.  Then I follow up on the contact information and make arrangements to meet at the match and join them for dinner afterwards.  I will also learn of other matches in the area from the competitors as well.  

Have participated in a lot of matches and met a number of good people this way. 

Regards, 
George
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down