Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023)

+3
jmdavis
L Valdez
Neil308
7 posters

Go down

61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023) Empty 61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023)

Post by Allgoodhits Sat May 06, 2023 9:04 pm

Please excuse my ignorance. I have signed up for the above match, and quite honestly, I am confused as heck as to what I have signed up for, how rds of ammo I will need and exactly what guns are permitted. 

Here is what I think I signed up for, in order on the confirmation. What I do know, is I only signed up for pistol matches.

CMP .22 EIC match (30 rds?)
Fleet Forces & All Navy Pistol Match  ( I have no idea what this is. Teams Maybe? )
Fleet EIC Pistol Match ( is this CF and is it a service gun or match gun? )
Fleet EIC Pistol match ( how many rds and is this a service pistol?)
All Navy Pistol Individual ( is this service pistol? )
All Navy Pistol EIC Match ( how many rds? (How does this differ from the Fleet EIC Pistol Match?)
Long Range Pistol Match Pistol ( again .22 or CF and is this a match pistol or service and rds?)
Action Pistol ( is gun and ammo provided, if not what is permitted and rds needed?)

Again, sorry for the ignorance, but this is arranged in a manner which I am not accustomed too. I am certain that I need both a .22 EIC gun and an EIC Service Pistol with iron sights. So based on above, what guns do I need and how many rds for each? 

Thank you in advance.

~ Martin
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023) Empty Re: 61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023)

Post by Neil308 Tue May 09, 2023 6:03 am

This might help.
http://usnmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2023-Atlantic-Fleet-and-All-Navy-East-Match-Program.pdf
Neil308
Neil308

Back to top Go down

61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023) Empty Re: 61st Annual Atlantic Fleet & All Navy (East) Championships (2023)

Post by Allgoodhits Tue May 09, 2023 9:21 am

Neil308 wrote:This might help.
http://usnmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2023-Atlantic-Fleet-and-All-Navy-East-Match-Program.pdf
Thanks. I have the Match announcement.

This being my first Navy/Fleet Match I am unclear as to how many matches there are and precisely what the round count is

I know the normal EIC .22 and Service Pistol Matches are 30 rds each.

It appears that there is a Service 900 as well. An additional 90 rds.

Unclear if there is a .22 900.

There is mention of an Action Match, unclear whether guns and ammo are provided, or if not what guns are permitted. Action often implies holster use. Unclear on that too. 

I am sure all is normal for a Navy/Fleet match, it's just not normal to what I am accustomed too. It's a 100 mile round trip for me and it appears that I need to be there all 3 days. I want to have what I need, plus a little extra.

Last edited by Allgoodhits on Tue May 09, 2023 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by L Valdez Tue May 09, 2023 9:58 am

I shot the Pacific matches years ago. Civilian shooters were limited to certain matches, and a specific EIC match back then. If that is not stated in the match announcement, contact the match director or OIC to find out before traveling 100 miles.

L Valdez

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Tue May 09, 2023 4:42 pm

Martin,

The first day you there will be a SAFS after which you will shoot a .22 900. The NMC of this match will be the EIC (so obviously at least the NMC should be shot with Irons).  If you do SAFS you will want your ball gun and some balll ammo, probably 30-40 rounds. They might let you shoot it with the 22 though.90 22 shots + extra

Day 2 will be a Fleet Service Pistol 900. The NMC of that match will serve as your Service Pistol EIC. If you shoot both Service Pistol Days, according to the program, Day 2 will be your EIC score. 90 shots + extra

Day 3 will be the All Navy Service Pistol 900.  For Navy Personnel the NMC will be an additional EIC.
Day 3 will also have a 20 shot long range match.  110 shots + extra

You will be able to shoot all of these.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Tue May 09, 2023 6:26 pm

jmdavis wrote:Martin,

The first day you there will be a SAFS after which you will shoot a .22 900. The NMC of this match will be the EIC (so obviously at least the NMC should be shot with Irons).  If you do SAFS you will want your ball gun and some balll ammo, probably 30-40 rounds. They might let you shoot it with the 22 though.90 22 shots + extra

Day 2 will be a Fleet Service Pistol 900. The NMC of that match will serve as your Service Pistol EIC. If you shoot both Service Pistol Days, according to the program, Day 2 will be your EIC score. 90 shots + extra

Day 3 will be the All Navy Service Pistol 900.  For Navy Personnel the NMC will be an additional EIC.
Day 3 will also have a 20 shot long range match.  110 shots + extra

You will be able to shoot all of these.
Thank you Sir. That helps a bunch.

So other than SAFS there will at least one .22 900 and two .45 (me) 900s plus the Long range match 200.

Again, thank you. Honestly, I would not, or did not get that out of the match announcement. Now that you explained it, it makes sense.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 Tue May 30, 2023 8:45 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:Please excuse my ignorance. I have signed up for the above match, and quite honestly, I am confused as heck as to what I have signed up for, how rds of ammo I will need and exactly what guns are permitted. 

Here is what I think I signed up for, in order on the confirmation. What I do know, is I only signed up for pistol matches.

Fleet Forces & All Navy Pistol Match  ( I have no idea what this is. Teams Maybe? )
All Navy Pistol EIC Match ( how many rds? (How does this differ from the Fleet EIC Pistol Match?)
Long Range Pistol Match Pistol ( again .22 or CF and is this a match pistol or service and rds?)
Action Pistol ( is gun and ammo provided, if not what is permitted and rds needed?)

Again, sorry for the ignorance, but this is arranged in a manner which I am not accustomed too. I am certain that I need both a .22 EIC gun and an EIC Service Pistol with iron sights. So based on above, what guns do I need and how many rds for each? 

Thank you in advance.

~ Martin
Martin,

Can you elaborate on the practical/combat course of fire? Pretty sure this was the first year of that match.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Wed May 31, 2023 8:33 pm

robert84010 wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:Please excuse my ignorance. I have signed up for the above match, and quite honestly, I am confused as heck as to what I have signed up for, how rds of ammo I will need and exactly what guns are permitted. 

Thank you in advance.

~ Martin
Martin,

Can you elaborate on the practical/combat course of fire? Pretty sure this was the first year of that match.

Robert,

They referred to it as an Action Match. If there was any advance on what it was or what could be used, I never received it.
When I got there to shoot it, you could have brought your own gun, about anything, or shot one of the guns provided. The guns provided were different on the two stages. Having a very hi cap magazine would have been helpful since one stage had a minimum of 18 shots, all one string, all on the clock.

The first stage was all steel. My recall 3 steel targets at about 15 yds, then you had to run to another shooting box, shoot 12 falling plates, then run to another shooting box and shoot 3 more steel targets.
The second and 3rd stage had both steel and paper targets at 10 to maybe 20 yds. One of those stages required a mandatory reload, the other a hi cap would have been useful.

The Action Match was mostly fun, although pouring rain when I shot it. It would have been useful to have known a little as to what to expect, or what you could bring. I'm sure some knew, just not all.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed May 31, 2023 9:00 pm

I looked on USNMT website and I couldn’t find any info either. I think it would be useful to ”standardize” on a set of scenarios and scoring methods. Say pick two or three from this https://uspsa.org/classifiers
which can be selected by the match director. That way the scorers and safety officers know what is supposed to happen. And they can change every year.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 Wed May 31, 2023 11:27 pm

Wobbley wrote:I looked on USNMT website and I couldn’t find any info either.  I think it would be useful to ”standardize” on a set of scenarios and scoring methods.  Say pick two or three from this https://uspsa.org/classifiers
which can be selected by the match director.  That way the scorers and safety officers know what is supposed to happen.  And they can change every year.  
Did you shoot PACFLT?

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:54 am

No. It’s a tad difficult to get on base (Pendleton) and I can only shoot one EIC… so I’m not sure “the juice is worth the squeeze” maybe next year. I’m way to old and creaky to do much action shooting…..
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:12 am

For those civilians contemplating either of the "fleet" events I advise you to check carefully on protocol. Typically ALL shooters are required to attend the safety briefing very early on the day of shooting. Then have your pistol inspected for safety, etc., by the armorers.

Gaining access to the base may also be tricky and take time, depending on your status. You cannot just drive straight in like at Camp Perry.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down