Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East coast master calendar wanted

+2
NukeMMC
hengehold
6 posters

Go down

East coast master calendar wanted Empty East coast master calendar wanted

Post by hengehold 3/4/2023, 8:57 pm

I am trying to put together a master schedule for the east coast BE but I am relatively new to the sport so don’t know all the ranges that host regular 2700s and large tournaments. 

Anyone out there already have this put together?

hengehold

Back to top Go down

East coast master calendar wanted Empty Re: East coast master calendar wanted

Post by NukeMMC 3/5/2023, 5:34 am

Use http://www.njpistol.com/ as one source.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

ric1911a1 and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous 3/5/2023, 6:13 am

When done with the EC master calendar, could you post it here?  Smile

Eastern NC (Raleigh area)
https://dprc.org/page-18104  Regionals, State Championship, EICs, outdoor matches Mar to Oct
https://www.sirwaltergunclub.com/programs/bullseye.php  outdoor matches Mar to Oct
Also, indoor bullseye matches, Indoor regionals
                6501 Mount Herman Road
                Raleigh, NC 27617
I'm not aware of a webpage with a match schedule; Willie runs the matches 
  Willie Trowell at trowellw@gmail.com
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by only_8_ring 3/5/2023, 7:38 am

This is a fantastic idea! I started a Google Drive link with the match schedule bulletins I already have. I've got Northern VA and most of MD covered.

I'll add match bulletins to my folder as people post them in this thread. I'm not motivated enough to organize them into a cohesive calendar, but maybe someone else is. See you at these matches!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_m1aogloXJCOLKe-5Gyr5ZWpvDcO9tw1?usp=sharing

Edit: Wow, NJ Pistol website's calendar is fantastic. It's already got most of the events I already posted. That's probably what OP is looking for!

only_8_ring

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 3/5/2023, 7:18 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. I also shoot highpower rifle and a couple guys make a regional spreadsheet with all the east coast matches on it.

I’ll try to put something together in excel to make it easier to see what is available. One trend I am noticing is that most places tend to hold pistol matches on Saturday instead of maybe deconflicting their schedule with others in the region and having some clubs on Sat while others are on Sunday.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by WillH 3/6/2023, 8:45 am

That's a good idea Trevor.  The ones I am aware of nearest to our vicinity in Hampton Roads are at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club, Sir Walter Gun Club, and Fairfax Rod and Gun Club.  I didn't look to see if they were on the links above but if not they have on-line calendars.  Like you say there is probably some overlap.
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 3/6/2023, 3:55 pm

It was worked out a long time ago (way before I started running matches); but for North Carolina Asheville shoots 1st Saturday, Charlotte shoots 2nd Saturday mostly, Durham shoots 3rd Sunday and Sir Walther shoots 4th Saturday.   

Durham Pistol and Rifle Club (Mebane) and Raleigh area Sir Walther Gun Club (Oxford) are relatively close and seemed to have gone to the Sunday / Saturday either just due to scheduling preference or because it gave shooters that couldn't shoot Saturday or Sunday an option that was close by. 

The other North Carolina matches, Asheville and Charlotte shoot on Saturday, I believe mostly due to club calendars or simply being nice to the neighbors. 

Clark Hardesty (Durham Pistol and Rifle) has the largest bullseye range capacity in the state (Outside of Camp Butner) and has taken on the herculean task of running  the North Carolina State and Regional Matches (2 day events, 2700, EIC, Revolver, .22 Distinguished, etc.)  for many years!  We try to help, but as you know its still a big job and he deserves a tremendous amount of credit for his dedication.   So if you ever get the chance to shoot at Durham for any matches, please do so and tell him thanks for all that he does.  

Overall, we've done the best we can to coordinate across the state and we try to keep our shooters happy.

CR

CR10X

Vociferous and hengehold like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down