Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on using Photoescape 45 HTC PTU for a Dillon SDB

2 posters

Go down

Update on using Photoescape 45 HTC PTU for a Dillon SDB Empty Update on using Photoescape 45 HTC PTU for a Dillon SDB

Post by rburk Mon May 22, 2023 9:10 pm

This topic was discussed recently in another thread.   With help from Photoescape, I now have the HTC PTU expander working perfectly on my Dillon SDB.  It is the version for flat based bullets.  He provided me with a 0.20” long spacer that is placed on top of the PTU.  It has a tapered cone on one side that is oriented upward, so that the powder measure drop tube sits in the tapered cone.  No powder leakage.  With this spacer, I can get the full range of vertical adjustment on the powder die and set the expander to any desired depth.

I am still working up loads and bullets, but it works as advertised.  I like that the bullets now go in perfectly straight, and no lead shaving.

My experience is with the 45 ACP expander only.

rburk

PhotoEscape likes this post

Back to top Go down

Update on using Photoescape 45 HTC PTU for a Dillon SDB Empty Re: Update on using Photoescape 45 HTC PTU for a Dillon SDB

Post by PhotoEscape Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 am

Appreciate you help, Ray!

For all SDB users, who purchased HTC (both 45 and 9/38) type PTUs I will provide spacers on request at no charge.  Just asking to cover shipping cost.
This parts (I also machined .250" spacers) will be available for the future orders as a separate part listed on respective pages on the website as a set.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down