Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Air Gun Shooters?

5 posters

Go down

Any Air Gun Shooters? Empty Any Air Gun Shooters?

Post by Axehandle Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Anyone up for a little Air Gun shooting? Dug out my FWB Model 2 to play with. Bought this thing over 25 years ago. You air gun guys know that prior to the entrance of the liquid CO2 powered pistols the FWB65 held every record in the books! This is the gun that pried the 65 from that position. 25+ year old technology. Back then compressed air pistols used hospital grade liquid CO2 loaded into the cylinders (under the barrel) from a big special built CO2 bottle with a riser tube. The CO2 guns are still out there but I believe they now build compressed air guns that rule the roost..

Any Air Gun Shooters? Model2_zps8d8914f6

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Any Air Gun Shooters? Empty Re: Any Air Gun Shooters?

Post by DeweyHales Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 pm

I have mainly shot air rifle, but I have an IZH-46 that sees some use in the basement. 

PCP is the standard now. But, I will never forget the first time I fired a CO2 gun at a match in college. It was so much better than the effort required to pump a single stroke pneumatic air rifle. 

One day, I'm sure I will get a PCP pistol and give air pistol matches a try.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 am

I shoot AP every day! 

Any Air Gun Shooters? Bullseye

I just picked the LP-50 up for rapid fire practice.  It has the 4lb trigger option.
Any Air Gun Shooters? LP50
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 am

Around here, the season is in full swing. I started out with a Daisy 777, went to a Walther LP 3, then a big step up to a FWB model 2. Several years ago I upgraded to the Morini 162 EI. For me, the convenience of scuba over CO2 was one consideration, as well as, the better grips and electronic trigger.
Any Air Gun Shooters? Morini162EI

Last edited by BE Mike on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 pm

After shooting a Baikal MP-46M with a Rink grip for a year I bought a Steyr LP50 Compact to practice Ed Hall's drills. The balance of the Baikal was hard to get used to. I had to practice holding out a 5 pound weight while commuting to get steady with it. I also have fun with a Beeman (Webley) Hurricane I bought thirty years ago. It has a thin rough trigger, too small grip, tiny sights and jumps a lot when the spring piston is released, but that all makes it more satisfying to keep a group in the black with it. The Steyr is sweet, like getting into a Porsche and everything is all sorted out and harmonized. Pumping the Baikal wasn't a problem, but the Steyr has a great roll trigger, a more adjustable grip and better balance (w/four weights on the nose).

My calculations show the 8 ring of the 10 meter B40 air pistol target would scale out to be the 8 ring of the 50 yard B6 target. The 7 ring of the 10 meter B40 air pistol target scales out to the 9 ring of the 25 yard B8 target.

Nice group there BE Mike.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:After shooting a Baikal MP-46M with a Rink grip for a year I bought a Steyr LP50 Compact to practice Ed Hall's drills. The balance of the Baikal was hard to get used to. I had to practice holding out a 5 pound weight while commuting to get steady with it. I also have fun with a Beeman (Webley) Hurricane I bought thirty years ago. It has a thin rough trigger, too small grip, tiny sights and jumps a lot when the spring piston is released, but that all makes it more satisfying to keep a group in the black with it. The Steyr is sweet, like getting into a Porsche and everything is all sorted out and harmonized. Pumping the Baikal wasn't a problem, but the Steyr has a great roll trigger, a more adjustable grip and better balance (w/four weights on the nose).

My calculations show the 8 ring of the 10 meter B40 air pistol target would scale out to be the 8 ring of the 50 yard B6 target. The 7 ring of the 10 meter B40 air pistol target scales out to the 9 ring of the 25 yard B8 target.

Nice group there BE Mike.
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down