Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping?

4 posters

Go down

Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping? Empty Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping?

Post by samtoast Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:49 am

I am hoping to install an optic on a Smith & Wesson Model 14 that doesnt have factory holes, but I am hoping to keep it original and avoid drilling and tapping. Any suggestions?
I found the Burris scope mount base 410379 LU-SWKSS Smith Wesson K-frame to be a good fit, but I can't figure out what kind of scope rings are attached to it.
I feel like I should have been able to find the answer on the World Wide Web, but have not been able to. 
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping? Empty Re: Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping?

Post by JRV Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:34 am

Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping? 0e144710

Weaver 307 is also an option, if you can find one somewhere like eBay. They can mar the bluing ahead of the cylinder where the frame bridge is installed, but you will not need to drill and tap your topstrap.

JRV

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping? Empty Re: Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping?

Post by Froneck Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:37 am

Photo of the mount you have will help!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:58 am

Froneck wrote:Photo of the mount you have will help!
Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping? S-l16010

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:03 am

Weaver 307 seems to be a similar mount, but offering a more universal solution for scope rings. Thank you

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:18 am

Looks like it uses the Burris Signature rings

BURRIS SIGNATURE RINGS | Brownells

shanneba

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:50 am

shanneba wrote:Looks like it uses the Burris Signature rings

BURRIS SIGNATURE RINGS | Brownells

I see how the front ring would attach, but I can't visualize how the back ring would. I guess I will figure it out once I receive it. I ordered one - thank you!

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:16 am

Page 5: Redfield / Leupold Style Scope Mounts - Importance of a Secure Rifle Scope Mounting System (opticsplanet.com)

Do not mount the scope into the rings and use it to turn the front mount into the base, See the link above for more information.

shanneba

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:27 am

shanneba wrote:Page 5: Redfield / Leupold Style Scope Mounts - Importance of a Secure Rifle Scope Mounting System (opticsplanet.com)

Do not mount the scope into the rings and use it to turn the front mount into the base, See the link above for more information.
Thank you so much!

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:32 am

Here is a picture of a set of Redfield rings that shows the rear ring cuts for the base screws

Optic Mount for Smith & Wesson Model 14 Revolver without drilling & tapping? _DSC1542

shanneba

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:46 am

shanneba wrote:Page 5: Redfield / Leupold Style Scope Mounts - Importance of a Secure Rifle Scope Mounting System (opticsplanet.com)

Now I understand! I see the rear side screws have a leading edge to lock the rear mounting ring. It all makes sense. Thank you!

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down