Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPad assistance request

5 posters

Go down

IPad assistance request Empty IPad assistance request

Post by Amanda4461 Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:56 am

Howdy,
I have a question regarding page navigation on this forum. Sorry to show my computer ignorance, but how can I simply page navigate from my current page to the previous page, without having to go back to the root directory?
If I am reading a page in Ammunition, and want to go back to the last viewed article, I would typically select the back arrow. My iPad shows 3 tiny arrows on the upper left section of the page, but the arrows are so small, that trying to select the “back” arrow usually takes me to a page unrelated to the “back” function. May just be my large fingers.
Thanks for helping this iPad illiterate.
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

IPad assistance request Empty Re: IPad assistance request

Post by Cmysix Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:25 pm

I have an IPAD, not an expert ether, BUT you can call APPLE and they will tutor you on the phone free, look for an APPLE STORE in your area as they have free courses in APPLE STORES
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:07 pm

I use my iPad all the time for this list and others.  I’m viewing it Safari and I simply use my browser’s back arrow to go back a page.  That top bar in the browser will sometimes hide itself when you are viewing a page so you have to drag it down to see the arrows and the address box.  

Here is a screen shot I just took.

Hope this helps.
John
IPad assistance request Img_1110

John Dervis

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda4461 Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:46 am

John,
Thanks for providing the solution to my problem!
I can now navigate to my previously viewed pages using the easily accessible Arrow at the top of the Safari browser. 
This is another reason that IT folks suggest that I stop using Firefox 🤔
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:29 am

There is a mobile and desktop version of the website and they have a bit of a different look to them, but all use the buttons on the top left for navigation.

The mobile version may be preferred for a small phone screen, but for iPad, the Desktop versions work/look better (to me) and behave the way you would expect on a regular home computer.

You can use Safari or Firefox browsers.

In Firefox, you can tap the 3 bars on the top right and a menu will drop down.  You can choose to request the Desktop or Mobile version site.

For Safari, you can go into your settings, then Safari and scroll down a bit until you see “Request Desktop site”, tap this and you can make Safari use the Desktop version for all websites.  I use this feature.

Not too many worries on Firefox vs Safari on Ipad.  In truth, Firefox on iOS just uses a skinned over version of Safari on the iPad, so it is the same program under the hood, but has some different features exposed.  It is kinda like the difference between Chevrolet and GMC.  

The regular PC and Mac laptop or desktop versions of Firefox are truly different pieces of software, just the iOS versions are the same.  I tend to use Firefox on the big computer and Safari on the iPad.

You won’t have much trouble getting iPad support here, as I use one myself.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:03 pm

Willnewton,

I have an iPad question/problem that just popped up that maybe you can help me with.

When I initiate a PM I can not type in the box provided.  Instead a Note is generated in my Notes App (which I never ever use for anything else).  To make it more frustrating is that the note is collapsed at the lower right corner of my screen so I have to drag it open to then type into it.  I have kind of sort of figured out how to get that note to paste into the list’s PM window but the first couple of times I generated a dozen blank notes before I discovered what was going on.  Any ideas what might have happened?  I do not use the PM function all that often but I’ve done a couple in the last week and this is how I now have to do it.  I haven’t changed anything on my iPad that I know of but it’s goofy for sure.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks.  
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:24 am

I have never heard of that happening.  You are clicking here, right?

IPad assistance request Img_1010
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:54 pm

Yep.   It is pretty usual for something I am working with to have an issue that no one has ever heard of so I am accepting of that.  😊.  I took some screen shots of the process to see if that gives you any ideas.  I did make a change in the Notes settings last night to see if it fixed anything.  I’m not sure if that did anything or not but now I have discovered a way to write in the usual dialog box however I can’t write anything in the top half of that screen. Only where the blue is showing on my screen shot is where I can write something. 

IPad assistance request Send_p10

IPad assistance request Send_p11

IPad assistance request Send_p12

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:03 pm

Here is my kind of sort of work around.  If I tap on the blue area once, I can now write something but it will be from that line and down.  The upper half of the dialog box is inaccessible to me.

IPad assistance request Send_p13[url=https://servimg.com/view/19523549/34]IPad assistance request Screen10[/url]

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda4461 Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:24 pm

Mine does the same thing:cyclops:
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:03 am

I have done some looking, but can’t find any info on why Quick Notes is launching for no reason.  The blue is a selection window, which also should not be appearing. I have seen errors from inadvertently touching the screen in multiple spots, causing strange and persistent selections.   I have seen these selection windows get “carried over” to the next webpage.  But nothing that completely replicates what you have going on involving Quick Notes and selection windows.

Is this happening when you use the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page or when you use the Post Reply, which takes you to a new page?  Or is it just for PM’s?

What size iPad and what orientation do you use it in?  We did have a similar bug in the past related to screen size on iPad, but it never went as far as the issues you are having.

Amanda4461, are you seeing the same Quick Notes and blue selection window?
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda4461 Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:28 pm

Will,
I just selected the “Send an instant message” button. My screen launched, and while everything looks normal, I cannot add a message text unless I select a spot halfway down the message box.
This Quick Reply works as it should.
Thanks!
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:49 am

Willnewton,

My quick reply works as normal so it’s only the PM function. I don’t use that feature very often but have used it a bunch in these weeks leading up to Perry which is when I noticed it. I used it back in April but I do not recall anything looking unusual back then so it seems more recent. My suspicion would be it’s related to some sort of update that was done since then.

I use a full size iPod Air (4th gen).  I typically look at the screen in landscape mode but this situation occurs in either orientation. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by oldrifle Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:34 pm

Mine does the same thing.

oldrifle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down