Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attaching a photo for a for sale item

+4
Allen Barnett
james r chapman
BE Mike
Peakbagr
8 posters

Go down

Attaching a photo for a for sale item Empty Attaching a photo for a for sale item

Post by Peakbagr 10/16/2023, 2:27 pm

I've tried to attach a photo for the Les Baer .38 Super. Went to the help section, followed instructions, no luck.
Long time member here, since 2011 but a lurker and never posted before. 
Would appreciate any assistance as I have two other safe queens I'd like to sell. 

Thanks,
Alan (Peakbagr here)

Peakbagr

Back to top Go down

Attaching a photo for a for sale item Empty Re: Attaching a photo for a for sale item

Post by BE Mike 10/16/2023, 3:53 pm

I've found imgur.com is a handy place to download my photos. It also makes it easy to share them to websites. Once an account is opened and a photo shared, one can look at the right side of the photo and 5 down just click "copy" to share the photo to a forum. When you go to this website, you just go to the top toolbar on your computer screen and find the "paste" icon. Click it and your photo will appear on the website.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Peakbagr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Attaching a photo for a for sale item Empty Re: Attaching a photo for a for sale item

Post by Peakbagr 10/16/2023, 4:58 pm

Went to the site, and signed in. When they asked for my phone number, decided to skip it. I have no problem giving anyone here my name, email and phone, don't want to give it to website I don't know.

Peakbagr

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 10/16/2023, 5:14 pm

Never had an issue.
Please try again.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peakbagr 10/16/2023, 5:23 pm

Jim, I discovered that I can't attach as the original photo is too large. I've used a couple of programs to resize but having an issue getting that to work. I think I may know how to attach, now if I can figure how to resize so it's not too large. Be happy to email the photos to a member in the meantime.

Peakbagr

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 10/16/2023, 8:37 pm

You need to use this one.
Select photo then send all, install all. It

Attaching a photo for a for sale item Ec9da810
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 10/16/2023, 8:39 pm

TO THE ADMINS.  THIS IS A RECURRING PROBLEM THAT REALLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED.  THOSE OF US WHO ARE NOT TECH SAVY AND DO NOT USE OFFSITE STORAGE SITES JUST GIVE UP.  PLEASE FIX THIS WITH SIMPLE STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURES.  DO NOT SAY SEE THE STICKY AS THOSE DIRECTIONS ARE TO CONFUSING TO FOLLOW.

Allen Barnett

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 10/16/2023, 11:19 pm

Allen, this is not something we can change.  So you have to follow the image hosting usage instructions, even if you don’t like them, and EVEN IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, because that is what you have to do to put an image in a post.  There is not a different way to use the system.  It sucks.  We know.

We operate this website through a simplified, graphical interface behind the scenes and it has limited functionality, we don’t program this website from scratch.  This back-end interface is provided to us by the hosting service.  The advanced functionality, like the image hosting interface to Servimg is all controlled by them, not us.

Sorry bud, this is the service you get access to for free, run by volunteers, while visiting the most informative Bullseye website on the planet where a boatload of nice folks will lend a hand if you ask for one, even putting up your pictures for you if it is currently a challenge.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Founder, swehrman and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 10/17/2023, 8:51 am

Alan,

We are a group of volunteers keeping this forum going for free.

Once you get the photo posted, please give us feedback on how to say the procedure better.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 10/17/2023, 9:43 am

Peakbagr wrote:Went to the site, and signed in. When they asked for my phone number, decided to skip it. I have no problem giving anyone here my name, email and phone, don't want to give it to website I don't know.
I never had any problem with imgur giving out my personal data in the many years I've used it, but you do you!
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Attaching a photo for a for sale item Empty How to not use a picture hosting service

Post by Amanda4461 10/17/2023, 6:06 pm

Attaching a photo for a for sale item Img_2010
I take a pic, like this one using either my iPhone or my digital SLR, Access the pic on my iPad or desktop, pull up IMAGE SIZE set for 800x650 and save this or any previously large image to a specific file (in iPad speak, I use a Shared Folder named anything I will recognize).
Once the image is saved, I use the save image folder on the forum to add the image, usually after I put the verbiage in the post. I did this one verbiage last, just to see if I could. Finding the correct icon for saving this resized pic on my iPad was the hardest part of the process. Once you find the icon, the entire process is easy. I’ll see if I can describe the icon better, and edit this. (The icon looks like a video screen with a floppy disk in front of it. The very same icon Jim shows in his screenshot above this post). (Selecting it lets you locate your image file and upload it).
Hope it helps.

Last edited by Amanda4461 on 10/17/2023, 6:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Describe save icon)
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

Founder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peakbagr 10/17/2023, 10:59 pm

Founder, I'm an Admin on some hiking forums. Volunteers make it easy and fun for everyone. Wasn't being critical of anyone but myself for having difficulty trying to figure it out. When you use a hosting site for a forum, there are only one way to do things. Again, thanks for running a fantastic forum.

Alan

Peakbagr

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 10/17/2023, 11:19 pm

Alan, were you able to figure it out?
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 10/18/2023, 1:02 am

Just posted 3 photos for Alan.
Seems to be legit. Good.

RoyDean

willnewton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 10/18/2023, 8:04 am

Roy, thanks for helping out!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down