Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee APP Upgrade

3 posters

Go down

Lee APP Upgrade Empty Lee APP Upgrade

Post by RoyDean Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:28 am

I am a big fan of the Lee APP machine. I use mine primarily for decap/sizing brass prior to wet cleaning. I have it set-up with a Dillon case feeder, but after a few thousand cases I began to suffer jams and frequent case damage. Tried swapping out some of the Lee plastic parts, but the problems persisted.

Then I came across this gizmo listed on eBay and took a chance on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305010992652

This upgrade is simply amazing - now I can cycle the APP with 45ACP or 38spl brass continuously as fast as I can pull the handle - The Dillon feeder simply cannot keep up if I really try hard. And almost no jams or mis-feeds. Brilliant.

Great way to exercise upper arms too!

Strongly recommended - great value for money.

Only one caveat - 32swl brass continues to be less than perfect. The gizmo does help, but the Dillon feeder often chokes on 32 brass and need to cycle the APP slower and more carefully as there will be jams.

Also - I spray the raw brass with Hornady One-Shot, just makes everything smoother and massively reduces the amount of effort needed to size the brass. I typically pour 150 or so pieces into a large Aluminum Roasting Pan (Dollar Tree), spray generously and shake it round then toss into the case feeder.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Lee APP Upgrade Empty Re: Lee APP Upgrade

Post by Wes Lorenz Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm

+1 Roy!
I like the APP's too and have one for 45 and another for 32. Makes wet cleaning a breeze.
That case feed block you bought is something Lee should incorporate in the APP.
I also use Nylock nuts on the support to prevent loosening (factory uses jam nuts).

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:25 pm

Yes Scott, I also use nyloc nuts. And I have dedicated feed tube supports (the black plastic piece) on suitable length 1/4" bolts fixed at the correct heights for 45 and 38. 

I have another spare support that I use as and and when for other calibers, but I recently processed all of my 32SWL brass and so, hopefully, will never have to prep any more of that pesky 32 in my lifetime!!!

One of the most tedious tasks I've suffered was going through several thousand pieces of 32SWL brass sorting them by head stamp after processing. I will definitely not allow those to get mixed up again!

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast G Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:48 pm

I ordered the upgrade from ebay, works great, I also just use it to de-cap before cleaning. Much faster, far less jams. I find the 9mm setup will take 32swl without any adjustment.

Graham

Fast G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down