Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Test

2 posters

Go down

Weight Test Empty Weight Test

Post by Novak 12/25/2023, 7:48 pm

I was told this is the newer forum to talk about Bullseye competition and equipment. I did not know that for some time now. I was going to the old forum.

I was discussing with Dave Salyer about adding weight to the tip end (if possible) of my pistol to reduce my scattering of shots at the 50 yard target mainly. I will try this test this coming Saturday and hope there are others that will also try this. I had a good shooter tell me he also had this problem when he bought a new gun that was extremely light in weight. He scattered shots all over the target and he is normally a shooter that can hit in the 90's at 50 yards. So I will give it a try this Saturday.
Novak
Novak

Back to top Go down

Weight Test Empty Re: Weight Test

Post by SteveT 12/25/2023, 9:00 pm

Welcome to the Forum side of things. When the old email list ended a new google mail list and this forum were created to fill the void. Over time the email list have become less popular and this has gained, so most discussion is over here now. There is also a Bullseye-L group on Facebook and a Bullseye area on targettalk.org if you don't want to miss anything.

Pistol balance is important. Most of the pistol movement is from the wrist and shoulder. Adding weight further out on the barrel will increase the moment of inertia and, generally, slow oscillations. However, more weight out at the end of the barrel also means that the wrist and arm muscles have to work harder to keep that weight up. As with everything, it is a trade-off. Try is and see. Stick on wheel weights are an excellent way to test out different weights and locations.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Novak 12/25/2023, 10:23 pm

Thank you, Steve T. I will give you all my review of this Saturday's results.
Novak
Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down