Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buds Guns Walther Hammerli Expert

+5
cdrt
Rush223
djperry2
Sc0
Brudford
9 posters

Go down

Buds Guns Walther Hammerli Expert Empty Buds Guns Walther Hammerli Expert

Post by Brudford Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:51 pm

Buds Guns in Ky has several high end .22 cal target pistols listed . One that caught my eye was a new Walther Hammerli Expert for $999.00 . I have not seen one at that low price . Buds Guns brags they have a no phone call system , after waiting 20 minutes for their online Chat to ask what size the grips are 
never got a response , after searching for a phone number that is buried deep I kept getting the gun range and being transferred to their sales desk with no answer. I gave up trying to get a human on the phone . All their prices on target pistols seem to good to be true, has anyone dealt with Buds Guns ? Thanks

Brudford

Back to top Go down

Buds Guns Walther Hammerli Expert Empty Re: Buds Guns Walther Hammerli Expert

Post by Sc0 Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:06 pm

When I bought a Xesse SF Sport, grip size was universal. If that's the XESSE SF with the black slide that's the cheapest I have seen and is cheaper than dealers cost.  If it's the older silver SF slide version, the same applies.  If it's the older XESSE non-SF then I have no idea on the value.  Have bought a few firearms and ammo from Buds, zero issues other than shipping takes some patience.  If they don't accept credit cards then it might be a clone website. (Btw: SF Sport and SF Expert do not have the 11mm rail on top and aren't drilled and tapped for a mount.)

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by djperry2 Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:38 pm

Not trying to be snarky but please consider today is a holiday, also there is a winter storm over the whole KY/TN area. They could be snowed in and closed today. Be patient and try again tomorrow.
The gun sounds like a good price if it could take a dot mount.
Hope you get it.
I am in east TN and most things are closed here. Hills, curves, valleys is a whole different situation than flat ground with snow and ice.
DP

djperry2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brudford Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:05 pm

It states made by Walther so I am guessing fairly new production . It has the black finish . The reason I am questioning is Champions Choice who I have dealt with for years has the exact same pistol for $ 1500.00 ? $500.00 more ?

Brudford

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:13 pm

Ive dealt with Buds and would not hesitate to deal with them again.  I recently purased the same gun from someone else for $200 more.  The item number matches the one I have, which matches their description. It does not have the 11mm groove on the barrel.
This gun is being discontinued so may be why they are discounting it.  

It’s snowing here and the roads to my house are steep and narrow.

Rush

Rush223

cdrt and Arthur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:20 pm

Oh, This gun has been around for a while.  Best I can tell its the same as the earlier Xesse with a trigger upgrade that is comparable to the one with the Larry’s conversion.  I cant tell any other differences. I have shot and cleaned but not compared to the earlier version. 
Walter is coming out with another version. 
Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:58 pm

I've bought three pistols from Bud's.  Good prices, fast service.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:26 am

I recently purchased a Hammerli Xesse SF Expert.  It was $400 off the list price.  That seemed like a good deal, so I bought it.  I should have done some more research on it.  I didn't realize that it doesn't have the grooves on the barrel for mounting scope rings.  So, now if I want to use a red dot, I have spend a couple hundred more on a scope mount from Red Feathers or Champions Choice.  The Expert model does come with a walnut ortho grip, but only in one size.  My guess for the recent price discounts is because the Xesse model is being dropped, and they are probably making room for the Walther CSP Expert (same basic gun, different labeling).

swissyhawk

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brudford Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:39 pm

I am going to pass on that one . I did research the new Walther CSP Expert that looks promising . Confused, I have read a few posts that it cannot be imported as yet because of a US requirement concerning it's safety, Blah Blah Blah from the Nanny State . I watched a couple YouTube videos of Americans shooting the new CSP in America so I guess it is here now ? Do a search on YouTube and you can see several German Walther employees shooting and talking about their new CSP offering . Appears to be a classic model CSP and to me looks just like a S&W model 41 with very similar grips . The target version to me looks just like the old Hammerli ESSE-expert rebranded . Do not know about the prices of each ? Thanks

Brudford

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangeant Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:58 pm

They have another batch available.

I bought one in the first notice, very nice trigger. For $1k felt it was worth it, the CSP doesn’t look like a big improvement over current Xesse except for being 11mm grooved for scope mounting and since Xesse were retailing $1500 no way the CSP was going to be cheaper.
Tangeant
Tangeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:14 pm

cdrt wrote:I've bought three pistols from Bud's.  Good prices, fast service.

This is the exactly the same for me. Colt Gold Cup Ruger MK4 and a Glock 19, the first pistols I purchased in late 2017. 

Good luck
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Not to high jack this thread but ALL Hammerli Exesse's have been discontinued by Walther!!!!!!!  Walther has introduced what they are call the Walther Classic but it is only available for sale in Germany and Great Britian.  I own 5 of the Exesse pistols and am very disappointed with Walther.  The one and only importer of Walther pistols in the US will not respond to any inquiries from non-FFL holders, so if you are just a local Joe you can not get any information from them.

Allen Barnett

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down