Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Gun MG-2 EVO

2 posters

Go down

Match Gun MG-2 EVO Empty Match Gun MG-2 EVO

Post by wingnut170 1/23/2024, 6:06 am

Having trouble putting the top cover back on the MG2 after cleaning. Seems like something is binding and I don't want to force it. Thanks in advance...Ray

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Match Gun MG-2 EVO Empty Re: Match Gun MG-2 EVO

Post by Tripscape 1/23/2024, 8:46 am

Ray,
When you look at the top cover there is a "secondary release level" sticking out perpendicularly and out of the cover.  When you put the cover back on pull this "leg" slightly backward so it clears and sits inside the body.  Since it is spring loaded it will want to pull the cover backward.  What you want to do now is to now pull the cover forward and onto the hooks of the frame which are right above the chamber area.  You hook them on and the cover will be fully in place. I hope you can understand what I wrote.  If still having trouble reach out to me and I will walk you through it facetime/whatsapp/skype. 
Yev

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut170 1/23/2024, 10:24 am

Tripscape wrote:Ray,
When you look at the top cover there is a "secondary release level" sticking out perpendicularly and out of the cover.  When you put the cover back on pull this "leg" slightly backward so it clears and sits inside the body.  Since it is spring loaded it will want to pull the cover backward.  What you want to do now is to now pull the cover forward and onto the hooks of the frame which are right above the chamber area.  You hook them on and the cover will be fully in place. I hope you can understand what I wrote.  If still having trouble reach out to me and I will walk you through it facetime/whatsapp/skype. 
Yev
I failed to mention that I did not pull the trigger before removing the top cover. I can get it back on but can not cycle the slide or anything. Is there away to solve this issue. Thanks again...Ray

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 1/23/2024, 10:29 am

Ray, hammer has to be back, cocked, and safety in an on position.

Tripscape

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut170 1/23/2024, 10:48 am

Tripscape wrote:Ray, hammer has to be back, cocked, and safety in an on position.
Thanks. I will check when I get home. I think the hammer was cocked and the safety was on, when I took it apart. ...Ray

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 1/23/2024, 12:14 pm

One more thing, the top bullet stabilizer on the cover has to be flipped back. It rocks in forward or back position. Just flip it so that it is flush on forward/front of the cover.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut170 1/24/2024, 7:45 am

Tripscape wrote:One more thing, the top bullet stabilizer on the cover has to be flipped back. It rocks in forward or back position. Just flip it so that it is flush on forward/front of the cover.
I checked that also, didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks so much for your help!....Ray

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut170 1/25/2024, 5:50 am

wingnut170 wrote:
Tripscape wrote:One more thing, the top bullet stabilizer on the cover has to be flipped back. It rocks in forward or back position. Just flip it so that it is flush on forward/front of the cover.
I checked that also, didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks so much for your help!....Ray
Finally got it. Thanks for your help....

wingnut170

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down