Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA?

+6
Danehogle
cdrt
TonyH
Multiracer
dronning
brassmaster
10 posters

Go down

Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA? Empty Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA?

Post by brassmaster 5/13/2019, 4:57 pm

We are five days from our annual regional and have not received Regional Competitor Pins, Team Award Points and Gold, Silver & Bronze Regional Open Winner Award Medals. Today, via email, I contacted Beth Martin, Program Coordinator, Pistol Department, Competitive Shooting Division

and asked if  these items had been shipped. Her response was, " sir, our distributor is currently out of stock of our award merchandise and will fulfill our orders as the stock is replaced."

I just do not accept that excuse. This annual regional was registered on the NRA Portal three (3) months ago, which would seem to be a more than adequate lead time. Another aspect of this mishandling is that when the competitor pins and awards are received well after the regional (last year it was months later) our organization will have to bear the tasks and unplanned additional expense of shipping these to every competitor, winning team member and regional open winners. This additional financial burden will come from any potential match net proceeds from an already razor thin budget.

Had this been the first occurrence of this "ball-dropped", we would have been understanding, but this is the third year in a row that this has happened and it is inexcusable! There has been a Spring Regional in West Virginia continuously since regionals began. This will make three years that we have had to inform competitors that Regional Pins and awards will be shipped to them at some unknown date when they are received from NRA. Understandably this does not make for happy competitors or happy match volunteers as we bear the brunt of competitors displeasure. Three years ago when this first happened, we were understanding, but ask for an explanation that was "spin." Last year I again asked for an explanation and requested eliminating the "spin" and give straight answers--same result. This year just more "spin."

As I see the growing frustration regarding many examples of a "devil may care attitude" by NRA officers and staff expressed on this forum, I understand why so many match directors, competitors and NRA members are fed up with the overall negative attitude displayed toward them. I count myself in that ever growing number.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA? Empty Re: Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA?

Post by dronning 5/13/2019, 5:07 pm

I am wondering if the NRA is waiting to order them after they have been paid for from the match fees?  Just a thought.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA? Empty Re: Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA?

Post by brassmaster 5/13/2019, 5:58 pm

dronning wrote:I am wondering if the NRA is waiting to order them after they have been paid for from the match fees?  Just a thought.
- Dave

I've heard the rumors of a "cash-crunch" at NRA and vendors going unpaid for long periods. There is some consideration being given to withholding NRA Match Fees until we receive the regional materials and also deducting the cost of shipping the items to competitors from their fees. Somehow these NRA Drones need to understand if it weren't for competitors and match volunteers there would be no need for the Pistol Competitive Section Staff.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 5/13/2019, 6:46 pm

It will probably get worse before (and that's a big if) it gets better.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 5/13/2019, 7:49 pm

Maybe they are saving all their millions (awards and pins cost money after all!!!) for the improvements at Camp Atterbury. Laughing
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 5/13/2019, 8:00 pm

When I complained that I had not received the medallions, pins and points for our Pistol Sectional, I got a letter from Beth.

First, she said there was a problem with their supplier and I would eventually received the medallions and pins.

Second, she indicated that they decided last year to do away with the points, so they would not be sending those for people who had won something.

She also explained that after this year, points would not be accepted for match fees.

So my take is, I will probably never see the medallions and pins and if you have any award points lying around, unload them now.

If anyone would like a copy of that letter, PM me with your email and I will send you a pdf copy.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle 5/14/2019, 7:12 am

Story’s such as this are becoming al to familiar. That is the main reason for the creation of a new  sanctioning body. 

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t12263-new-option-for-precision-shooting-sanctioned-matches

Last edited by Danehogle on 5/14/2019, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Siri)
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Are Other Match Directors Having Problems Getting Regional Match Supplies From NRA? Empty No pins, no medallions (no surprise)

Post by noalibis.mary 5/28/2019, 10:06 am

I'm sorry to say I went through this earlier this year with SECTIONAL pins and medallions (which I have not "yet" received either)...so I was not holding my breath for my upcoming Regional is this coming weekend.
I got the same (inexplicable) email response from Beth (...at least she actually replied this time...)

noalibis.mary

https://www.NJPistol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 5/28/2019, 7:08 pm

Just got an email from the NRA to “Enter and win this Truck” contest (includes $50,000). Wonder if the prize truck supplier is on backorder also and they will give the truck to the winner at “some date” in the future......in the meanwhile please send in your donations so Wayne LaPierre can get his bonus.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 5/28/2019, 11:31 pm

I submitted an application to run a State Championship two weeks ago and it still shows as "pending". This is my first time going through this aspect of the process. I presume they're lining up an Official Referee to send out to California Laughing

If I don't get a response by mid-June, I won't expect one until August, at the earliest.

Or "never", as is the case with my 2018 Sectional ("Indoor National Championship") awards...
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 5/29/2019, 7:07 am

john bickar wrote:I submitted an application to run a State Championship two weeks ago and it still shows as "pending". This is my first time going through this aspect of the process. I presume they're lining up an Official Referee to send out to California Laughing

If I don't get a response by mid-June, I won't expect one until August, at the earliest.

Or "never", as is the case with my 2018 Sectional ("Indoor National Championship") awards...
It might still show pending, since the controlling body, in this case the CRPA, has not approved it yet.  You might check with the CRPA secretary or executive assistant to make sure they have okayed it.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 5/29/2019, 8:11 am

For your consideration...
The behavior observed is classic "big company" strategy for end-of-life "product".  That strategy is to milk residual income while eliminating expenses.  Obviously, this behavior accelerates the decline in income but the strategic decision has been made to invest in "product" with higher returns. The instant revenue-expense goes negative, the product is cancelled.  This trajectory is almost never reversed no matter how committed the existing customer base may be. The simple fact is that the "market" has contracted and no investment in marketing to increase the size of the market is likely to have a justifiable ROI.  Usually, there is a special trash can for complaints from residual customers.

I just recognize the pattern.  I have no knowledge of what is actually going on at NRA.  I don't like it but I'm among the committed residual customer base.
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 5/29/2019, 10:54 am

Hunter Pistol Silhouette competitors were told years ago that when Nationals attendance reached a certain point, the Nationals would be cancelled. While attendance when the matches were held in the East were above that limit, they weren't when the matches were held in the West. Thus ended the Hunter Pistol Silhouette Nationals. Shooters moved to other sports and that was that. 

I guess we will get to see if pistol has the huge shooter losses of small bore, High Power, and Long Range.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down