Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson Conversion kit

2 posters

Go down

Nelson Conversion kit Empty Nelson Conversion kit

Post by sturitter 1/29/2024, 7:58 pm

Thinking I might like to shoot my club's Winter League next season (I need some time to prepare having been out of the game for a few years) I needed a .22 to go along with my Mike Curtis 1911. Did a lot of research and decided on a Larry Nelson conversion unit that goes on a blue printed RIA Target frame
with extensive trigger work. Ordered in July, delivered in January. Mounted it up today and took it to the range to sight it in. Everyone has been telling me
they were pretty accurate! HAHA. I'm getting 10 shot one hole groups at 25 yards on our indoor range shooting from a sandbag rest. All I can say is "Well
worth the wait". Now I understand.

Stu

sturitter

http://www.sturitter.com

hengehold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Nelson Conversion kit Empty Re: Nelson Conversion kit

Post by hengehold 1/29/2024, 10:12 pm

I like mine also. One thing I had to work through initially was getting light strikes with the 19# main spring that was originally installed. Installing a heavier main spring became the solution but it makes the trigger feel different so have to adjust the sear spring to accommodate the heavier main spring. Not the end of the world but just a little bit of a learning curve for me to get going and get off the ground with my Nelson. 

Sounds like you have a great pair of guns there to get you to HM.  :-)

hengehold

Back to top Go down