Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger

4 posters

Go down

CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger Empty CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger

Post by MkFiji 2/24/2024, 11:08 pm

So I’ve searched Google and I haven’t found any results pertaining to CMP rules for trigger work.  There was NRA DR rules discussed but it’s also worded differently

“d) Trigger. The pistol must have a trigger pull of at least 2.5 pounds when cocked for single action firing. Honing the sear or sear notch to provide an improved trigger pull is permitted. External trigger stop devices are not permitted. Internal trigger stop devices not originally installed by the factory as original equipment in stock revolvers of the same make and model are not permitted”

Is the internal trigger stop device a spring?  

My 686 has a heavy trigger so I sent it to get polished but that can only go so far. Am I allowed to change the spring given this rule set? Or get a trigger workup per my gunsmith?

Regardless if I can, my current plan is to pull the trigger so often it feels light and then my Ruger MkIV and 1911 would feel featherlight in comparison

Thank you!

MkFiji

Back to top Go down

CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger Empty Re: CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger

Post by Jack H 2/25/2024, 1:30 am

An internal trigger stop in a S&W is a pin inside the Rebound Slide spring
Jack H
Jack H

MkFiji likes this post

Back to top Go down

CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger Empty Re: CMP Distinguished Revolver (DR) EIC Trigger

Post by james r chapman 2/25/2024, 6:19 am

Also, some Smith target revolvers (k38 etc) came with a small adjustable tab in the frame behind the trigger.
Loosening up proved dangerous on some duty weapons.

https://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/423859-why-do-some-revolvers-have-trigger-stop.html
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

MkFiji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MkFiji 2/25/2024, 7:57 pm

In essence, I can change springs but not the pin in the rebound spring 

So I can significantly lower the weight of my trigger for CMP DR?

MkFiji

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 2/25/2024, 8:24 pm

MkFiji wrote:In essence, I can change springs but not the pin in the rebound spring 

So I can significantly lower the weight of my trigger for CMP DR?

No External mods, no safety features removed and must hold 2,5 lbs single action is my understanding.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

chiz1180 and MkFiji like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down