Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??

4 posters

Go down

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  Empty Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??

Post by THREEDFLYER 3/9/2024, 3:41 pm

I am in the process of sorting through boxes in the gun room to selling off a few things.
Came across this today, but I have never seen one nor do I know what it fits and how it's installed?

The overall length is 6-1/8" and the top from the muzzle end to the end of the rib measures 5-1/8"

If you have had experience with one of these please let educate me.

Thanks!

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0590

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0591

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0592

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0593

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0594

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0595

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0596

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  IMG-0597

THREEDFLYER

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  Empty Re: Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??

Post by Sa-tevp 3/9/2024, 6:26 pm

It looks like it is radiused for a Colt Woodsman or a Hi/High Standard with a pencil barrel, but I can't make the pin work on any example images I pulled up. I imaging the pin is to keep the weight from walking and marring the finish of the base pistol.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Outthere and THREEDFLYER like this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??  Empty Re: Anyone know what this TARGET ADAPTER would fit??

Post by THREEDFLYER 3/9/2024, 8:18 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:It looks like it is radiused for a Colt Woodsman or a Hi/High Standard with a pencil barrel, but I can't make the pin work on any example images I pulled up. I imaging the pin is to keep the weight from walking and marring the finish of the base pistol.

That seems logical, it would certainly need to be a very narrow barrel and have a removable front sight as the very early pencil barreled Woodsman's did.

Would sure like to find something online showing the device in use.

THREEDFLYER

Back to top Go down

Post by THREEDFLYER 3/11/2024, 10:46 am

If anyone is interested in owning this Target Adapter or knows someone who might be I have listed it on eBay and my user name is the same there which is threedflyer (Lower case)

I also have been listing a fair number of firearm related items including vintage sights, military items, etc.

THREEDFLYER

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast 3/17/2024, 7:56 pm

WOW! Congratulations! 
It got sold for $831.01!!!

samtoast

jmoore and THREEDFLYER like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by THREEDFLYER 3/17/2024, 9:08 pm

samtoast wrote:WOW! Congratulations! 
It got sold for $831.01!!!
For something I have been dragging around for 20 years or so in my "Parts" box, I am pleased to say the least.

That said, I have never seen one pop up for sale and had no idea what the darn thing was until recently....I guess it is more scarce that I had imagined!

THREEDFLYER

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast 3/17/2024, 9:11 pm

THREEDFLYER wrote:For something I have been dragging around for 20 years or so in my "Parts" box, I am pleased to say the least.

That said, I have never seen one pop up for sale and had no idea what the darn thing was until recently....I guess it is more scarce that I had imagined!
As much as I wanted to buy it, I didnt have a chance. I am happy for you!

samtoast

THREEDFLYER likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by THREEDFLYER 3/18/2024, 9:00 pm

I have to give a lot of credit to Kwill on the Colt Forum for posting that photo showing the adapter installed.....I know that helped the sale tremendously!

THREEDFLYER

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 96wa6 3/25/2024, 9:14 am

THREEDFLYER wrote:I have to give a lot of credit to Kwill on the Colt Forum for posting that photo showing the adapter installed.....I know that helped the sale tremendously!
Can you/would you either post the photo you got or a link? I am SOOOOO curious...

96wa6

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast 3/25/2024, 9:24 am

96wa6 wrote:
THREEDFLYER wrote:I have to give a lot of credit to Kwill on the Colt Forum for posting that photo showing the adapter installed.....I know that helped the sale tremendously!
Can you/would you either post the photo you got or a link? I am SOOOOO curious...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/296283141097

samtoast

THREEDFLYER likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 96wa6 3/25/2024, 9:28 am

THANKS! Now we've ALL seen one!

96wa6

Foundryratjim, samtoast and THREEDFLYER like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down