Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.22s with True Adjustable Grips

4 posters

Go down

.22s with True Adjustable Grips Empty .22s with True Adjustable Grips

Post by JRV 3/31/2024, 2:51 pm

Does any .22 in the market have an adjustable grip comparable to the Steyr air pistols?

I recently took a chance on refitting an old Morini grip to my Steyr air pistol—when all was said and done and the wood putty was carved up, I had decreased the angle of grip rake by about 10 degrees and moved the muzzle about five degrees laterally towards my strongside. The adjustments are made using small screwheads that butt against the grip frame mount and stud.

Now, when I lift, my sights are automatically aligned with no effort. My hold consistency is improved and my scores increased in practice matches by twenty points—with no additional effort or money.

Do any current or discontinued .22s on the market feature this level of customization? Grip rake and yaw adjustments aren’t even available on all modern 10m air pistols…

JRV

Back to top Go down

.22s with True Adjustable Grips Empty Re: .22s with True Adjustable Grips

Post by Dcforman 3/31/2024, 5:44 pm

MGs are adjustable for rake and yaw.

Dave

Dcforman

JRV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 3/31/2024, 5:59 pm

Wanting 1911 angle on my MG I adjusted the grip then while at Perry I have the guy that Prints grips make me a grip that wasn't adjustable, fit snug and similar  to my 1911 grips I also had printed. He mailed them to me, still in the box while I tinker making a .22 conversion.
 So after knowing what you want in a grip get them printed to your specs.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC 4/1/2024, 8:42 am

If you've already got a grip shape you love and know works for you for one gun (in this case your reworked Morini grip on your Steyr air pistol) then you already have what you need.  I'm the guy mentioned earlier in this thread.  I can 3d scan that grip and then 3d print it for any gun you'd like using a wood composite material.  For example putting it on a Pardini (or other European pistol with a forward magazine) is super easy to do.  The new grip will feel and shoot just like the original.  You'll have the same grip and feel on both guns.  Reach out to me at PrecsioinTargetPistolGrips.com and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Andrew

Precision Target Pistol Grips

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/2/2024, 7:56 am

Yes Andrew is correct I was referring to him about my suggestion to have grips printed. He was able to scan the grip I had on the 1911 and make one for the 1911 and another the same to fit the MG.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down