Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope

4 posters

Go down

CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope Empty CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope

Post by Froneck 4/2/2024, 8:47 am

Other day I watched a Video about cheap 3-9 X 40 Rifle scope. Was quite impressed with this cheap $30 scope with rings. Don't like or want the rings nor do I need a Rifle scope. However I checked to see if they made Red dot scope and found they did make quite a few different models. Quite a few on ebay cheap, around $35 shipping included. I don't have high hopes that it's any good but the video of the 3-9 scope peaked my interest. I have about 5 or so others that were more than $150 each that I didn't like so I might add another one to the pile!
 Anyone try the CVLIFE products? They are not plastic airsoft scopes!
 Video I watched (6) CVLIFE 3-9x40 Rifle Scope Review - Great or Garbage? - YouTube
 It's probable that the Guy is being paid to advertise the scope so it may not be as good as he claimed.
 I'll report on the scope after I get it.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope Empty Re: CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope

Post by Wobbley 4/2/2024, 9:27 am

Not CV Life but I did buy two of these for on some 7.62x39 carbines.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZM3TMO0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They so far have worked well.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/2/2024, 9:54 am

I like the long version, Kinda like the Aimpoint 9000. But I'm trying to determine where to buy. ebay is cheaper but the CVLIGHT site lists the scope length as 4.72" and ebay 3.21". However I see a mistake in ebay, length is listed as 132MM/3.21", 132mm is not 3.21", it's 5.196" but CV site has 120mm/4.72 and 120mm is 4.724" Interesting that all the lengths on ebay are the same though different sellers so they copied the info from the same place.
 UP-Date; Ordered item on ebay $30.20 total with free shipping and Tax, delivery 4/5 to 4/8 so I should have it in a few days! I really think it will be another addition to my junk pile!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/5/2024, 4:36 am

Up-Date; Got the scope yesterday, looks good. Seems well built, looks to be all Aluminum. Graduated elevation and windage dial that's not a split disk like on other red dots I paid more than $150. Disk is notched for click adjustment, looks to be attached to slotted screw head, how I don't know. Clicks  are not crisp, a bit mushy however do set the dial in place. No line or mark for adjustment reference probably will use dot of fingernail polish at dial 0 after sighted in at 50 yards. Dot is a little starburst but not more than my other scopes without my shooting glasses on, green more than red. Brightness good, could see red dot on lowest setting on overcast day, 5 setting/color and very bright on highest setting. Will check on bright sunny day.
 Tested parallax at 50 yards, scope is placed on immovable item. Standing away so as not to move the scope in any way I move my head so dot moves about the field of view. I cold not detect any parallax at 50yards, very little if any at 25yards! A bit heavy at 10.9oz but so is Aimpoint's similar scopes! That was listed weight, not sure if that is with flip-up lens covers that I removed and cantilever mount. Mount fits Picatinny rail wall, a bit high at 1-17/32" above the rail to center of dot. Ill probably replace the mount, looks to need 30mm ring.
 So far I'm impressed! Shooting with it might change everything but so far I would consider buying another one possibly more! Trust me I'm not easy to impress!!! So far it as greatly exceeded what I expected in a $30 red dot scope, the outstanding parallax has impressed me and is far better than scopes I have that were well above $250!!!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/6/2024, 2:50 pm

I had to order one. Just looked like it might work nice on my pc9. I've spent more on lottery tickets this week.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/6/2024, 5:45 pm

Looked at the dot with my glasses off, dot got better! I have a Champion set with adjustable iris. When I used it the dot got almost perfect round. Decided to give it the the demanding test, purchased another and had is shipped to Adam. Didn't tell him the price I paid! Also purchased a wide low and medium height ring set to replace the cantilever. I have accurate ounce scale, will weigh stripped scope today and report weight later.
LenV let us know how your is, maybe I got lucky and got a good one!
So far so good, from what I see the end "lens" is just clear plastic or glass protective cover, silver coated lens is about 3/4" behind it. I might try to remove the threaded retaining ring and make an extension tube for it, heck if I screw-up it's only $30!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/6/2024, 6:42 pm

Just an FYI. If you ever want to put an extension on your 600.00 Aimpoint the extension on your 40.00 Millett red dot is a perfect match. (30mm). Will be interesting to see what fits on these.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/6/2024, 9:28 pm

I thread Delrin or Acrylic (plexiglass) for my extensions. I did weigh the bare scope, no lens flip-up ends or cantilever mount, slightly less than 5-3/4oz.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 4/17/2024, 2:45 pm

Froneck wrote:Looked at the dot with my glasses off, dot got better! I have a Champion set with adjustable iris. When I used it the dot got almost perfect round. Decided to give it the the demanding test, purchased another and had is shipped to Adam. Didn't tell him the price I paid! Also purchased a wide low and medium height ring set to replace the cantilever. I have accurate ounce scale, will weigh stripped scope today and report weight later.
LenV let us know how your is, maybe I got lucky and got a good one!
So far so good, from what I see the end "lens" is just clear plastic or glass protective cover, silver coated lens is about 3/4" behind it. I might try to remove the threaded retaining ring and make an extension tube for it, heck if I screw-up it's only $30!
Have you mounted it on a pistol yet and shot with it? How big is the dot 2moa or 4 moa?
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/17/2024, 2:56 pm

Have I mounted it on my pistol? Hmm no. But I was so tickled with it when I got it I ordered a second. These dots are very well made. I was able to place this 28.00 scope in a spot where I had a 300.00 Ultradot6 mounted. When the next one gets here I will be able to swap out a 30mm ultradot. These things are impressive. CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope 20240425
CVLIFE Red/Green dot scope 20240426
Heading to range Saturday
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 4/17/2024, 3:29 pm

Scope has 4moa dot, Red and Green. I'm kinda busy, do have it mounted on my Homemade conversion but I have to make an extractor. In addition the barrel is one piece with a .22LR sleeve purchased from Brownells so I'm not sure how accurate it is. But I purchased another and had it sent to Adam in addition with low and medium height rings. He did receive everything. Being he is in charge of a Public range in Sarasota FL he will give it a test at the end of the day. Adam said it looks very much like a discontinued Burris red dot that he has except it's all red dot no green but it too is 4moa dot.
 Being Adam is very demanding as to accuracy of his pistols the test he will do will be very good. I'll post the results as soon as I get them.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down