Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.O. spring

5 posters

Go down

R.O. spring Empty R.O. spring

Post by binski 3/27/2014, 10:12 pm

The spring in my Range Officer is not the factory spring.I don't know what its rating is.I've put a Clark base and a Ultra Dot on it,and it won't eject the fired brass very well.It will chamber a fresh round,but it does not lock tbe bolt back.The load is 205 gr. LSWC, mixed brass,R-P primer,4.6gr BE.So do I keep adding powder or put in a softer spring? What spring should I put in.              binski

binski

Back to top Go down

R.O. spring Empty Re: R.O. spring

Post by LenV 3/27/2014, 11:15 pm

I have a R.O. with very much the same configuration. In my case I use a 12 lb spring with 4.2 gr of BE.I have a very tight pistol and need the 12 to bring it back to battery every time. I need 4.2 of BE to bring the slide back to lock every time. Ideally I would try for 3.8 of BE with an 11lb spring. In any scenario I think you are loading to hot already. The most accurate load I have found was with 3.8gr. If you have a whole pile of bullets loaded up try something in the 13/14 lb and that should work for you until you can shoot them up. Springs are really pretty inexpensive and you can find the right combo by experimenting.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/27/2014, 11:18 pm

I agree with what Len said.  Buy some springs--my load is 3.8gr BE under 200gr LSWC.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/28/2014, 9:42 am

factory ships the RO's with a 16lb spring, 11-12 should be good for your load.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by binski 3/28/2014, 11:06 am

I've had good groups with 4.2 grs of BE also,just poor ejection.I looked on Alliants site and they list a 4.6gr load as max.Thats why I stopped there. From the replys I got,made me think I will get some lighter springs to try.I may be wrong about not having the factory spring still in pistol.All I had done was a trigger job and the smith changed the mainspring. lol!                       Thanks    binski

binski

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/28/2014, 12:04 pm

3.8-3.9 sends a 200 to the x at 50, you just need a lighter spring
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 3/28/2014, 2:58 pm

My Range Officer 45 runs just fine in stock condition.  After I shoot it some more I will know what to have Roddy do to it.  Right now Roddy has my HB gun he built and will convert it to another wad gun.  I still have M9 and GoldCupNM for HB.

I hope I can do more matches this summer than the past few years.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/28/2014, 3:29 pm

Jack H wrote:My Range Officer 45 runs just fine in stock condition.  After I shoot it some more I will know what to have Roddy do to it.  Right now Roddy has my HB gun he built and will convert it to another wad gun.  I still have M9 and GoldCupNM for HB.

I hope I can do more matches this summer than the past few years.

They will in stock form with open sights but not with a mount and dot mounted on the slide like the OP.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down