Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New shooter's adventures with MK III

3 posters

Go down

New shooter's adventures with MK III Empty New shooter's adventures with MK III

Post by SVWillow Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 am

As a new, old shooter, I read this forum regularly, and thanks to all those who's posts have helped me.

I have a MK III with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot and a Volquartson trigger. After well over a thousand rounds the pistol has been broken down only twice for cleaning, but after every outing I use a bore snake, brush removed, Q tips, and a tooth brush. I use Hoppes, Froglube and Rem oil. I have used Aquila Supper Extra plated, CCI Mini Mags both HP and RN,  CCI Blazers, and CCI Standard Velocity LRN, and SK.  All have worked very well, having only 3 malfunctions since new.  I have had one stove pipe and one fail to feed both time while using Aquila Supper, and one fail to eject using a brand I don't remember.

I went  through the NRA Winchester Marksmanship course, I sighted the red dot in for 15 feet, using a Pistolreo Rest from Wally World. I simply tried to make certain the point of aim was at the same exact place each time, and fired 3 round groups.  The groups were consistently .5"  After making Distinguished Expert, heck, at 15 feet you could almost throw the rounds and hit the black,  Smile  I decided to try an indoor Bullseye League.

I sighted the pistol for 50 feet, and it was holding 1" groups.  Off I went to Tampa Shooting Sports, certain I had a lock on the last place. There I found the group friendly and helpful, explaining how things worked, etc.  Those folks can really shoot!

Once I get my wobble, breathing, stance, grip, aim, and trigger squeeze better,  I can go from shooting a 709 with 2X's (out of 900) to a 710 and 3X's.  Then I'll have a lock on second to last place.  If I ever get even close to being able to hold the 1" groups the MK III is capable of, watch out!  Even though its 1 1/2 hour drive, I'll be back.  Bullseye is fun!

Ric

SVWillow

Back to top Go down

New shooter's adventures with MK III Empty Re: New shooter's adventures with MK III

Post by DavidR Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Its all about bettering yourself, each match try and pick up a few points soon you will be headed for the top of the score board. New shooter's adventures with MK III 2935285009
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New shooter's adventures with MK III Empty Re: New shooter's adventures with MK III

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Welcome to the addiction!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down