Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOWA TSN 82 SV Spotting Scope.

4 posters

Go down

KOWA TSN 82 SV Spotting Scope. Empty KOWA TSN 82 SV Spotting Scope.

Post by Ernierod 6/1/2014, 7:05 am

Anyone use or have experience with this spotting scope for .223 target shooting- up to three hundred yards? Tnx for opinion.

Ernierod

Back to top Go down

KOWA TSN 82 SV Spotting Scope. Empty Re: KOWA TSN 82 SV Spotting Scope.

Post by DeweyHales 6/1/2014, 9:52 am

Kowas are great scopes. At Butner with mine, I can see shots that stray in the white. I used the fixed 27 or 25x eyepiece. Having the sun at the right direction and angle will help a lot depending on the range. 

Know as hold their value well. If it doesn't work out for you, you'll do fine reselling it.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernierod 6/1/2014, 11:41 am

Thanks Dewey-Get the impression that a .223 BH is difficult to see unless conditions are almost perfect-regardless of S.scope.

Ernierod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Coyle 6/1/2014, 5:04 pm

Very hard to see 223 holes with any scope - even at 200.  It all depends on the backer and the angle of the light.  The scope is really used for mirage at 300 and especially at 600 - any scope (Konus, Celestron, Zhumell, Creedmoor) will show the spotter and value disk - and most cost a lot less.

For conventional highpower, the 82SV (which I have) is almost overkill - the 66 is fine.  Either will hold their value well.  
/Bryan

Bryan Coyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Blued-Steel 6/4/2014, 10:20 am

I use the older 821 with the 27X long eye relief and it will allow you to see holes at 200 provided that the background isn't dark.

At 300 on a new target face you can see disruptions on the paper provided the mirage is not too thick (although you will use it for mirage). If colder, you can see holes because the mirage is not visible.

At 600, it is for mirage only, but I can say that on a cold overcast day, I have seen the pasters on the target.

On lower light days it brings in more light, which is very helpful. Glad I bought that size, not smaller or larger.

Blued-Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down