Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smith 41 Things To Look For

2 posters

Go down

Smith 41 Things To Look For Empty Smith 41 Things To Look For

Post by Regular_Guy Tue May 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Hello all,

I recently learned that the USCG does in fact have Smith 41s available for issue to those of us who compete. I have no experience with the 41 at all, and this will most likely be used (hopefully not too well used).

I am in contact with our armory in FL that stocks these and can request the "best condition" one, but I would like to put out to the experience of the forum if there is anything specific I can have the Gunner's Mate picking it off the rack look for. These guys are essentially bullet counters, not well trained armorers, so I'd probably get the one with the best finish but not necessarily the best functioning one. This could be things to look for or things to avoid. I've tried searching on this forum and others but couldn't come up with much.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regular_Guy
Regular_Guy

Back to top Go down

Smith 41 Things To Look For Empty Re: Smith 41 Things To Look For

Post by LenV Tue May 05, 2015 4:28 pm

I would ask for one with an "A" prefix on the serial number. If they have any of the older A models you have a better chance of getting a good one.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down