Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite brass catcher?

+15
jmdavis
dronning
JayhawkNavy02
LenV
Rob Kovach
Wobbley
Jack H
james r chapman
Bigtrout
jglenn21
ric1911a1
STEVE SAMELAK
CR10X
DavidR
Ghillieman
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your favorite brass catcher? - Page 2 Empty What is your favorite brass catcher?

Post by Ghillieman Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I lost a lot of brass in the mud pits at Camp Perry and now I am looking at buying a brass catcher. So my questions are:

1. What brass catcher do you like?

2. Why do you use that one over the other brass catchers on the market?

Thank you all.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite brass catcher? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite brass catcher?

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:43 am

Virgil Kane wrote:
james r chapman wrote:Especially when he's shootin' NINES!!!

Yeah but he'll tell you that someday he's going to buy a 45 and wants to be prepared when that day arrives.  lol!

Then he can stop by my garage and grab some brass out of my stash...NOT when I'm trying to not cross fire
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite brass catcher? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite brass catcher?

Post by Virgil Kane Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 am

That's funny Steve. One of the shooters down by you got chewed out by Eric and myself for picking up everybody's brass and putting it in his range bag. Eric is probably one of the easiest going guys I shoot with but he lost it when a guy picked up both Eric's brass and mine.

Now that I know this I will send this brass thieve your way. After your done shooting of course. What is your favorite brass catcher? - Page 2 2867566621

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by SSgtG Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:28 am

I do wonder why some shooters are fixated on their brass. They will spend more focus time looking for that one or two pieces than they do during their entire string of fire. I seriously dislike the brass catchers. Looks like one more thing that you have to deal with in your shot plan. I get it if you have some physical thing (not your gut) that makes bending over overly tough but most of us need the exercise anyway. Me, I'm there to shoot as many 10s and xs as I can. The brass and brass catcher contribute nothing to that process. I mark my brass pick up as many as I can and throw them in a bag snapped to my box. Don't ever count them and don't ever care how many are there.

SSgtG

Back to top Go down

Post by knightimac Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Moon clips are best brass catchers!  Smile

Revolvers rule!  Don't need no stinkin brass nets.  Easy on the back too!
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Virgil Kane wrote:That's funny Steve. One of the shooters down by you got chewed out by Eric and myself for picking up everybody's brass and putting it in his range bag. Eric is probably one of the easiest going guys I shoot with but he lost it when a guy picked up both Eric's brass and mine.

Now that I know this I will send this brass thieve your way. After your done shooting of course. What is your favorite brass catcher? - Page 2 2867566621

You can never really predict what will push you over the edge, I just assume everyone is nutzz
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 am

My cardboard box finally saw its better days after a couple months of use.  Yesterday I made one from 1/2" CPVC pipe (very light and pliable), 4 elbows, 2 tees, fiberglass screen and nylon wire ties.   It is 16" wide 20" high and 20" deep at the bottom.   2 elbows pointing to the back on a 16" leg, a tee pointing to the back and up at each elbow, a length of pipe bent to an arch to attach to the 2 tees and 2 20" vertical and a 16" horizontal leg with elbows attached to the 2 tees complete the frame.  The entire frame is covered with screen, except the front, and the top of the screen angles down to the apex of the arch with all screen held in place with the ties.  A 1/2" pipe hanger bent to 90 deg. is attached to the right front leg.  This allows quick attachment and adjustment on a foot-powered ground- penetrating pole and removal for bench use.   Total cost was $12, 2/3 of which was the screen.  The pole was a garden ornament discarded by my wife, ties are garage inventory, PVC primer and glue are cellar inventory and my time is free.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by rfmiller Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 pm

I have a home made brass catcher and like using it (made with netting that the RO can see through).  Rather than a distraction, I like not worrying about having to pick up my brass except for the few that miss.  It also means I'm not counting brass or worrying about every last piece, thus thinking more about my shooting.  Also, I'm blessed with fellow shooters that are very good about getting brass back to the people who shot it.

rfmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2