Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution of the 52 project

3 posters

Go down

Evolution of the 52 project Empty Evolution of the 52 project

Post by Jerry Keefer Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Been busy since Perry..Great to meet and talk some of you at Perry..... Those of you that followed my lady shooter, know that the 52 didn't go to Perry...( it was a crash and burn year..Happens now and then)  I just didn't have the confidence in it..  Accuracy is superb, but it has been suffering extraction problems..
Today I put about 100 test rounds thru it here at the shop..Looks promising.. No failures, which is a very promising sign..
I studied the factory extractor, and made some major changes.. Moved the pin .200 to gain a 1.1 pivot ratio. Increased the width to move the extraction force  in line with the cartridge. The slide has been modified to accept these changes.. Made the part from A-2.. Ground square in all directions and then sawed off a chunk and ground it to the width I wanted, which approx. .005 thicker than factory.  The set screw is the big factor that enables me to adjust the cam out to the "nth" degree.. Not too much, not too little..Very pleased with the out come.. Now to test it under match conditions..Also, the small spring plunger pictured is not available anywhere... So I made up a few spares in case one should suddenly disappear.  It is the detent plunger that holds the safety bar.. It's loss disables the gun.. And since we have lost several this year, it was time to make a few.. No one that I can find has any in stock.. A big lathe can do very small jobs with the right tooling..Smile
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2113_zpsqo7ivm8c
Here you can see the difference in pivot pin location, ,width, etc.  The two on the left are factory.. I experimented with the hole location on the one, and knew the width had to be also changed..a blank of A-2 is the base for the new extractor.
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2111_zpse5rngbfn
The difference in pivot pin location, and the clearance machined for the extra width.. I also machined a flat just ahead of the clearance radius for a good base for the set screw..
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2106_zpsbq9ndo6s
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2097_zpsulz2owcl
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2085_zpsjno1ky8v
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2082_zpsyyzqopcc
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2088_zps52muf47t
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2081_zpswpkmquqr
Evolution of the 52 project IMG_2079_zpss68mik7c
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Evolution of the 52 project Empty Re: Evolution of the 52 project

Post by sixftunda Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:48 am

You do amazing work!  I was disappointed when KC told me I missed meeting you at Nationals.  Will you be at the Lobster Match?
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:21 pm

sixftunda wrote:You do amazing work!  I was disappointed when KC told me I missed meeting you at Nationals.  Will you be at the Lobster Match?
No.. Sorry I missed you also..Might stay longer next year.. Had a great time visiting with KC and his wife..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks for showing us your work, always interesting to see what your doing.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down