Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My DR Gun

+3
james r chapman
Tim:H11
RGK
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My DR Gun  - Page 2 Empty My DR Gun

Post by RGK Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Been enjoying the revolver leg matches; the Reeves match at Perry is fun, too. Here's my S&W 68 in .38 Special, which is my dedicated DR. 
Bob 

My DR Gun  - Page 2 DSC_2362_zps02a7fbe6

I had S&W put a post front sight on it years ago. 

My DR Gun  - Page 2 DSC_2353_zpsb522ca68

Single action grip. I usually use more finger on the trigger, but this works well on a revolver.

My DR Gun  - Page 2 DSC_2356_zps171191c7

RGK

Back to top Go down

My DR Gun  - Page 2 Empty Re: My DR Gun

Post by Virgil Kane Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Dr.Don wrote:My 66 no-dash has a ramp with red plastic insert.  Sight, ramp, rib all appear to be one piece with the barrel.  No pin and no joint line where the sight meets the ramp.  So there are/were indeed variations.

Most times the pin is almost invisible on SS guns and the blade, if done properly will show no joint where it goes into the ramp either. The sides of the ramp get sandblasted and the pin just disappears because it fits so tight. I know a lot of people that insisted that they had a solid front sight and found out that it was indeed pinned. Not saying that yours or others are not solid but the pin is very hard to see even under magnification. On my 66 no dash the front sight was so tight that I couldn't see any joint at the junction of the sight blade and ramp or the pin holding it. When I looked at it under a 20x microscope I could barely see the outline of the pin and then only 1/2 it's circumference on only the left side of the ramp and no joint where the blade went into the ramp.When I removed the damaged front sight I had to take a punch and ball peen hammer and tap on the blade after driving the pin out because it was so tight into the ramp.

Those guys at S&W keep us guessing. clown clown

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum