Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide

+11
Jack H
C.Perkins
Jerry Keefer
Sa-tevp
BE Mike
Jon Eulette
dronning
Rob Kovach
Tim:H11
Richard Ashmore
zanemoseley
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide - Page 2 Empty Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide

Post by zanemoseley 1/2/2016, 7:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just got my Sig Traditional Match Elite in 38 Super. I plan on getting a really nice 2.5+ pound trigger job on it and using it for the .22 leg using one of these 2 conversions as well as the CF leg as long as I can get an accurate load worked up. I'm leaning toward the Nelson due to price, additional mag included and great customer service however I'm still not 100% locked in yet. I installed my shooting buddies Marvel today and it fit fine on the Sig. I know another guy with a Nelson that I will test on it for fit. 

Assuming both fit what are the pro's and con's of either?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide

Post by PhotoEscape 8/24/2018, 12:02 pm

Thank you for the information, Dave.  It is very interesting!  I presume, recoil spring is in sub-10 pounds to cycle slide correctly.  Has slide been lightened in any way?

For the sake of discussion, do you think same results as yours can be achieved on regular production SIG, as one purchased by zanemoseley?  I think, this was his question at the start of this thread.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvel vs. Nelson .22 Conversion Slide

Post by dronning 8/24/2018, 1:09 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:Thank you for the information, Dave.  It is very interesting!  I presume, recoil spring is in sub-10 pounds to cycle slide correctly.  Has slide been lightened in any way?

For the sake of discussion, do you think same results as yours can be achieved on regular production SIG, as one purchased by zanemoseley?  I think, this was his question at the start of this thread.
AP
Slide has not been lightened but the optic is frame mounted.  I'm running a 8 or 9 lb recoil spring and a 19lb mainspring.  Not sure about the SIG depends on barrel twist.  Just before Jerry Keefer passed he was doing a ton of work on low velocity rounds, lightened slides and fast twist rates to keep the bullet stable.  Need to try several bullet weights/profiles to find what works with your combo.
- Dave

FYI on my 45 I just reduced the mainspring from 19 to 17lb and increased the recoil spring from 11 to 12lb.  This reduced felt recoil for me and even allowed me to drop the load by 0.1gr which reduced the recoil even more.  No change to group size at 25, and I do shoot a slightly hotter load at 50.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/24/2018, 5:12 pm

Yep.we shoot the 126 dardus SWC with  3.6-3.8 of BE.  Very soft and accurate in the super
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2