Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Production Division rim fire

5 posters

Go down

Production Division rim fire Empty Production Division rim fire

Post by Motorcycle_dan Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:17 am

So,

Page 10 of the Mar 2016 precision pistol rules:

Regarding production class pistols: 

g) Single Action Semi-Auto pistols are prohibited.

Taking time to really research other than “single action semi-auto” pistols for the rimfire portion of production division I’ve come up with some options for striker fired and reasonably accurate .22’s. The Colt Cadet, High Standard 101 Dura-matic, and the Beretta Neos. (which all look VERY similar in design)

So reading the rules further, maximum barrel length for a Semi-Auto is 5.35.  Well poo, that rules out the Neos and the High standard I found.  Neos has a 6” and the High standard has 6.5” barrels.

Rule 3. Production Division – A production firearm is a semi-automatic or revolver which is or has been a catalog item readily available to the general public equipped with factory notch and post sights.  All standard safety features of firearms must operate properly. The firearm shall have no visible internal or external modifications except as follows:

b) Barrel Length may not exceed 5.35 inches for semi-automatic pistols and may not exceed 6.5 inches for revolvers.

Then I see rule 3. c) Barrels may be replaced with original factory or aftermarket barrels with the same configuration and caliber of the original barrel.  Modifications to the slide or frame to facilitate the use of the aftermarket barrel are not permitted.

So my question:

Could I have the barrel cut to 5.35”, re-crowned,  and a new front sight installed?
Motorcycle_dan
Motorcycle_dan

Back to top Go down

Production Division rim fire Empty Re: Production Division rim fire

Post by rreid Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:44 pm

It's a stupid rule. You should be able to shoot a stock Ruger, Buckmark etc. They just cut and pasted the rules from Bianchi. I'm not even going to attempt to participate in it.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:05 am

I would assume "configuration" would mean unmodified from the factory dimensions.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:35 am

Double post

Last edited by CR10X on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:36 am

Ditto

Last edited by CR10X on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:40 am

.22 conversion on sig DA gun, Beretta 92, etc, or on a Glock.  Go forth and have fun in Production.   Hope there's room on the line what with all the new shooters.
Laughing  Actually my 22 Beretta shoots pretty well for a stock non bullseye conversion.

Last edited by CR10X on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:03 am

Motorcycle_dan wrote:So,

Page 10 of the Mar 2016 precision pistol rules:

Regarding production class pistols: 

g) Single Action Semi-Auto pistols are prohibited.

Taking time to really research other than “single action semi-auto” pistols for the rimfire portion of production division I’ve come up with some options for striker fired and reasonably accurate .22’s. The Colt Cadet, High Standard 101 Dura-matic, and the Beretta Neos. (which all look VERY similar in design)

So reading the rules further, maximum barrel length for a Semi-Auto is 5.35.  Well poo, that rules out the Neos and the High standard I found.  Neos has a 6” and the High standard has 6.5” barrels.

Rule 3. Production Division – A production firearm is a semi-automatic or revolver which is or has been a catalog item readily available to the general public equipped with factory notch and post sights.  All standard safety features of firearms must operate properly. The firearm shall have no visible internal or external modifications except as follows:

b) Barrel Length may not exceed 5.35 inches for semi-automatic pistols and may not exceed 6.5 inches for revolvers.

Then I see rule 3. c) Barrels may be replaced with original factory or aftermarket barrels with the same configuration and caliber of the original barrel.  Modifications to the slide or frame to facilitate the use of the aftermarket barrel are not permitted.

So my question:

Could I have the barrel cut to 5.35”, re-crowned,  and a new front sight installed?

I don't believe that modification would be legal. That would make it a custom pistol. I picked up a M&P 22 to shoot production. I also have a Ruger SR22 that would qualify. After shooting them a lot I have determined that they are fun to shoot but not what I would take to a match. Pick yourself up a S&W model 17 and win your class. YMMV
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down