Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added

2 posters

Go down

Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added Empty Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added

Post by Froneck Sat May 14, 2016 12:30 am

I have completed making the entire top piece for my Match Gun 2 (Morini) The original top rail does have two tapped holes, not sure what they are intended for but they are quite forward. Plus the top is tapered down so a scope mount will have to be made similar to that on a .45 but tapered the opposite way (thicker side toward the muzzle). I opted to make the entire top so that the mount is one piece. Another issue I was having was that one of the Hammer/top sear sets would fail to engage the second sear, I noticed that when the slide came back the clearance between the top and lower sear was near zero possibly less and inertia caused it to travel back enough but it wasn't reliable. So when I made the new top I moved all the pins and safety/dry fire back .015" Works great!!! I mounted the 9000SC so that the Battery and intensity switch is at 45 degrees to the left. As shown in Fig. 4 in my owners booklet. It shot about 2" low at 25 yards and about 1" right. When I opened the caps to adjust it the top screw is marked R and the wind-age screw on the left is marked UP. I figured the correct direction and sighted in the pistol. It's shooting great!!! Not sure if I will have time to get the top piece Anodized and might wait until after Perry.
 OK the question is Has anyone mounted the 9000SC that way? My booklet showed it mounted that way in Fig. 4 However Chapter 2 in my booklet para. 2.1.2 Installing Ring and Sight on the Weapon (d) right handed shooters is Fig. 5 & 7 and left handed shooters Fig. 6. As with booklets made in other countries there is NO Fig 7. Fig 3 shows the 9000 mounted with intensity adjustment knob 45 degrees to the right and Fig 4 is 45 degrees to the left. Fig 5 and 6 are of the Aimpoint Comp.
 I don't know which way is supposed to be for right or left handed shooters, I don't care! I simply like it mounted with the intensity knob on the left side! But my sight adjustment screws are then labeled backwards. So is it possible to simply unscrew the adjustment screws and interchange them? Nothing in the English section of the booklet mentions reversing the screws for right or left handed shooters! I checked the direction marked and if the screws are reversed they will be correct in direction of movement.

Last edited by Froneck on Mon May 16, 2016 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added Empty Re: Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added

Post by LenV Sat May 14, 2016 1:41 am

Hi Frank, I don't think that will work. It would work for elevation but the L/R would be marked backwards. Turning the dial CCW/right in the normal position pushes the dot away from the knob and makes you move pistol to the right to re-align. If you lay it on the side a CCW/right movement would still push the dot away from the knob but you would have to bring the pistol to the left to re-align.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added Empty Re: Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added

Post by Froneck Sat May 14, 2016 9:58 am

Hi Len, yes I understand that but at least "Up" will be correct and with a little "help" the arrow point on the "R" can be changed. Aimpoint does show two mounting methods. Thought the Fig. numbers are not correct it would be if they used Fig 3 and 5 for right handed and Fig. 4 for left handed but that would be more correct for rifle shooters. Pistol shooters grasp the gun in the shooting hand so when adjusting the sight it's better for a right handed shooter to have intensity and wind-age on the left side.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added Empty Photo Added

Post by Froneck Mon May 16, 2016 8:06 am

Mounting the Aimpoint 9000SC photo added Cimg1811

Not sure what that smudge is on the Aluminum top piece near the muzzle, might be a reflection. Was thinking of getting it anodized and dyed blue like the original but time is running out so I'll probably do it after Perry

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down