Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield Armory

Go down

Springfield Armory Empty Springfield Armory

Post by Paper-Puncher 1/16/2012, 6:58 pm

As most of you know I purchased a SA Range Officer and set it up for Bullseye.....Well in doing so I learned a good amount about the 1911 plateform......Well I got to lookin at my SA Loaded ( combat version) and noticed that the bushing was really pretty sloppy...so I figured no trouble I'll just hand fit another bushing as I did on the RO....Well I measured the slide opening and the slide was like .711-.712 ..as you already know the max a slide should be is .705.....so I call Springfield and they have me return the gun which they paid for.....Well I got my call today,Very Happy gun is fixed and on its way back to me ......with a brand new slide,barrel & bushing, recoil-spring ,slide stop pin and sights .....basicly they completely erplaced the entire top of the gun.....I am very pleased with this and never expected them to do all that...I honestly expected the slide and the bushing to be replaced but not the whole top of the gun.......Very happy with Springfield Armory I have 2 of their 1911's and will purchase from them again in the future without hessitation.......Its nice when a company stands behind what they make....They by no means needed to replace the entire top of the pistol but they did no ? asked....very satisfied SA customer...Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Springfield Armory Empty Re: Springfield Armory

Post by Paper-Puncher 1/19/2012, 4:33 pm

Got the gun back this morning, Pleased with the outcome is a understatement...Bushing is wrench fit to slide and the barrel to bushing fit is as good as the hand fitted one that I put in the RO. Barrel shows good lock up and slide to frame fit is also as good as the RO ...I fully expect it to shoot very well.....I have always liked Springfield Armory guns and it good to see that they stand behind what they sell and do a good job with repairs....

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down